1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Health Care Insurance Cover T?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Minori, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Minori

I live in Canada. And we have free health care over taxes, but not everything is covered. My iron pills werent.
    My doctor is doing more research and is getting back to me in January, but I wonder if anyone here may know the answer?
    I live in the Maritime Provinces of Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, Newfoundland)
    I want to know if Testosterone I will have to pay fully from my own pocket..
    I'm very poor, that typical college kid who survives off of student loans.
    I am praying that my insurance will cover it, because I dont want to have to wait years upon years upon years to have the money for it :L

2. pinkclare

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure about the Maritime Provinces, but I have friends in both Vancouver and Toronto who get their hormones covered no problem. I know the provinces are all different, but I'd imagine you'll at least have a good case for getting them covered!

The good news is that, even if you can't get testosterone covered, you can probably still get it because it is dirt cheap. I used to have to pay out of pocket before Oregon changed their insurance laws and I paid $60 for a 5-month supply which included the testosterone itself, plus the needles, syringes, and alcohol swabs to inject. That's only $12 a month PLUS some guys start with a lower dose, making that same 5-month supply last 6-7 months.