1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Weight Loss Journey

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Ryuji35, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Ryuji35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, enough with my usual drama and I really want to help those people here who aren't confident or have self-esteem issues due to their weight.

Again, this is not a thread to hate obese or fat people. It's more for those who identify their esteem and depression issues due to their weight. I would just like to tell you that I have been there. I felt so unattractive, and has very low self-esteem that I really need to do a major overhaul with my lifestyle and I wanna share to you my journey.

You may see the changes in my in the past year in one of my albums in my profile and feel free to ask me questions and tips here for those who wanted to know how I did it. Those of you who managed to do this, please feel free to share your journey as well.

Hope this helps!

#1 Ryuji35, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  2. Jamie1975

Hi

Where abouts are you. I am in UK and trying to do similar.

Had lost about 3 stone 9 in last 8 months but slowly going back on which I don't want

Be good to talk, cant PM yet as not full member so will have to be on here

Jamie
    xx

3. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Did you ever hit a plateau? I feel like I'm at a point where it's not budging.

4. headsup1958

Good thread topic. Since the first of the year I have lost ~35-40 lbs (was close to 300, now 260, 6'4" tall - and consider myself somewhat muscular). So I've been on a plateau for a number of months and I know it's my diet, and am working on it. Coincidentally I came out in April, around the time my weight loss slowed/stopped. Now, the stress of the holidays (loneliness among other issues) has made it difficult to get back/stay on track. But working on it. My therapist asked me if coming to terms with my sexuality and coming out might help me obtain and stay in a healthier weight range and better self-esteem. I'm thinking it has and will eventually take hold. Unfortunately its hard to undo years of unhealthy habits and poor self-esteem. So, its a work in process.