1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Time With A Guy Advice

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by closetedstudent, Dec 15, 2015.

1. closetedstudent

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi Everyone,
    I needed some advice on sexual health. I am currently in a relationship with a guy that I met on T1ndr (I know this sounds sketchy but it's been great). We both are freshmen at the same college and we've had a thing for about 3 weeks now. We both have strong feelings for each other that go beyond the physical aspect and its exciting because this is the first time I've had a thing with a guy. At this point, we have only made out (passionately lol). He offered oral sex but this was on our first date and I was not ready.
    My question is: how do I make sure we are safe when we do choose to become physical which I am certain will be soon? I have never had sex/done anything with anyone but I know that this guy has been with 1 girl and most recently 1 guy. I know that he has gone all the way (bottomed) with this guy. I know that we will only do oral the first time but how do i make sure we are safe? I feel uncomfortable asking him if he was safe when he did it with this other guy and asking him if he is clean. Is it weird to use a condom for oral sex? He is a very intelligent, reputable person but I know this doesn't mean anything and I should always be safe even if we are in a legit relationship and not just a hookup thing. Somebody please enlighten me on this subject and what I should do because I really like this guy. :slight_smile:
    Best,
    Michael

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking if he has been safe with other people he has been with. Get used to asking that question! Also, while oral sex is often perceived to be a lower risk activity compared to other activities, there is still risk of transmitting STDs. If you want to be 100 percent safe, you can use condoms even for oral sex. Talk to him about it. Be open and honest with one another.