1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dildo

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by wolfy1, Dec 16, 2015.

1. wolfy1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    hey guys, so im looking at buying a dildo and i have a few questions before i buy one. i have some experience in anal play with my fingers but past that, i do not. because of that i am starting of small, around 1-1.5inch diameter. im looking at getting a glass one, mostly because it is easier to keep clean and sanitary. my main question here is what do i get? is a straight dildo ok or should it be curved? im basically going into this not knowing much, so if someone can help me i would really appreciate it!
    thank you!

2. Minori

well, are you using this in hopes of practice for anal sex in the future? Or just for fun?
    Honestly, straight ones are good if you are hoping to at least get use to it for future sexual partners as it helps you loosen a bit and so when the time is right, you won't freeze up with your partner.
    But a curved one is a bit more fun to experiment with if you just want to mess around.

3. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As Minori said, straight are good for loosening, and curved are just...well, they're just swell! And let us not, dear friends, forget the loveliness that is anal beads.

4. Willa

My wife is a transwoman, and anal play is a big part of our intimate life. We use a straight black glass dildo a lot, and according to her, it's very comfortable, and hits all the right spots. Also, fun fact, glass is great for playing around with temperatures. And you're right about cleanliness. When you're engaging in anal toy play, silicon will eventually wear out. Glass is pretty much forever unless you do something like drop it in the shower and break it. It cleans up so nicely. Ours is straight, but the diameter is varied along the shaft. It's not curvy, but it... has curves. It's very very nice. I would also recommend considering a plug. Those come in glass as well, and some of them are actually really pretty.

5. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The fleshjack dildos are quite nice and are made of high-quality silicone. Be sure to pay attention to the length and circumference of each model to pick the one that meets your requirements. Some of them are quite girthy (!)

6. asdfghjk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey guys im 17 and i still live with my parent. I want to buy a dildo but im to young to go to a sex shop and i dont think my mum or dad would buy me a dildo any suggestions

7. betty

betty Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    For your first dildo, you should definitely purchase one on the smaller side (1 inch girth MAX). You might outgrow it, but better to outgrow it than to hurt yourself.

My bigger tip for you (no pun intended) :eusa_clap is to use LOTS of lube. Lube will help a lot.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend a glass dildo. Yes, they're easy to clean, soap and water will do the trick, but they're extremely firm. Glass has no give.

If you want to spend a little extra, consider a quality realistic-type dildo made with silicone. These are non-porous and also clean well with soap & water - you might want to consider using an antibacterial toy cleaner as well.

DO not buy a cheap JELLY dildo. This material can be porous and a breeding ground for bacteria.