1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hit with a racket?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Spot, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is really weird but anyway, my family and I all went to our grandparents' house for Boxing Day (we have lunch there every year). My cousins, my brother and I were playing with these plastic badminton rackets, one of my cousins has some kind of disorder (I think SPD or something, it's not really important) and he usually takes Ritalin but he's not on it currently. He was getting sort of hyperactive, drew his arm right back to hit the shuttlecock and hit me straight in the nose with the plastic racket. I didn't bleed or anything but there's a cut on the bridge and it really hurts on the left side but not on the right. My parents are mad at him but I don't really care, even though it hurt a lot my cousin and I just laughed about it. They think that he did it on purpose because he was hitting people and things like that but I know that it was an accident, I saw him try to hit the shuttlecock right before the racket. I won't need to go to the doctor, right? It still hurts but it happened like four hours ago. I don't want my parents to see that it still hurts (like with an icepack or something) because they think he did it on purpose but is there any way I can sort of ease the pain? Is it bad if it still hurts now? And on one side?

2. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Getting diagnosis online is generally a bad idea. You have to assess the situation yourself.

3. TraceElement

If it still hurts Monday, go see your primary doctor. It doesn't sound serious though. Get an ice pack on it and take some tylenol (paramecitol if you are in Britain). If your parents say anything about it, just tell then it was an accident.