1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which condoms are best for oral sex?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by edogs334, Jan 27, 2009.

1. edogs334

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know that more than a few gay guys don't use condoms for oral sex at all. However, seeing as I want to be extra careful, I was wondering if anyone could share their opinions/experiences regarding the above question? Thanks.

2. flavored? ultra thin...

3. crystaltriforce

they make flavored condoms?

4. They do but they don't do much in my opinion. They make it sound so great but I can still taste the latex.

5. Lychee

Flavoured taste really fake. Like grape flavoured plastic-y stuff. But still better than latex, I reckon. (And I only know this coz when I was in 8th grade, my friend and I thought it would be funny to buy some out of the vending machine and taste them :roflmao:slight_smile:

Using condoms is great for oral sex, as it not just protects you from STDs, but also reduces your chances of getting throat cancer - those who don't use them have a 39% higher risk.

6. singtoh1

The banana flavored one was ok. I mean its not great but it something other than latex.

7. waitingsucks

glow in the dark strawberry flavour! lol i don't know

I don't think you should get ultra thin it's probably best to stick with normal ones cos there's less chance of them braking

I think there's also flavoured lube, i dono that might taste less latex-y

8. kaster

see until a few months or so ago I didnt realise you should use condoms for oral! I thought it was fine not to cause there've been a few "oh I dont have a condom" "it's fine I'll do this instead" type moments :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    so oops! It's good that you're taking all the precautions. Blueberry are nice, chocolate not so much.

9. -Michael-

Me and my friends just buys flavoured condoms and walk around the town sucking them...

However chocolate....did not taste like chocolate.
    Raspberry was nice. :slight_smile:

Ultra thin, raspberry flavour. :wink:

10. KaraBulut

The general guideline is that you want to buy plain condoms without the extra features. So, no ribs, no receptacle tip and definitely no spermicidal condoms (the spermicide- nonoxynol-9 tastes nasty).

For oral, you can use the sensitive or ultra-thin latex condoms. Many people find the taste of latex unpleasant. And there are some people who are allergic to latex. There is another option- polyurethane condoms are made from a different material that is not quite as stretchy as latex but it tastes better.

There's a new condom on the market that I have not tried that is made from another material called polyisoprene. It is supposed to be as stretchy and thin as latex but doesn't trigger allergies and doesn't have the unpleasant taste.

The flavored condoms do help hide the taste of the latex but the flavoring is very hit and miss and it tends to go away quickly. Another option to help hide the taste is a flavored lube. Both Wet and Astroglide make flavored lubes that taste pretty good.

A couple of the internet condom sites sell flavored lube sampler packs. They're fun to experiment with to find a flavor that you like:

[​IMG]

11. Gumtree

12. edogs334

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the answers- much appreciated :icon_bigg

13. Haha that reminded me of Juno. "Then the receptionist is standing there telling me about her boyfriend's pie balls." Blueberry sounds like a nice one though.

14. Mana

I have no reason to be in here except to say that in year 9 we had to write "why we think there are banana flavoured condoms" in our cit books because my friend asked why, and everyone laughed. And everyone left it to me to try to explain to her. Difficult times... "err.. well... err... you sure you want to know?"

15. partietraumatic

shit i didn't know you're supposed to use condoms for oral....

i never did when i was with my boyfriend (and hes the only person ive ever given oral to) is that bad...?

16. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

Don't ask me, I have never used a condom for oral before, I've been with more than one, that is all I'll say.

17. KaraBulut

It's a personal choice.

Everyone focuses on condoms for HIV prevention in anal. They should always be used with anal.

Condoms can also be used with oral to lower risk of chlamydia, gonorrhea and HPV (associated with oral cancers).

If you and your boyfriend were monogamous and had not been sexually active with others, then it's something that you decide whether or not you want to use with oral.

If you're giving oral to someone that is more of a "casual acquaintance" or a hookup, then you should consider using a condom to protect yourself.

#17 KaraBulut, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  18. myra

KaraBulet,

I understand the condoms for anal sex for HIV prevention, but are the a necessary thing? Boyfriend and I are monogamous and never been with anyone else. And neither of us have any HIV or STD(I)'s. We've never used them for oral, which, I'm not too concerned with. But we've never used one for anal either. Is there any need for them for that since neither or us have an STD's?

19. No One

Condoms during oral sex?

ok so i know that condoms are REQUIRED for anal and penatrative sex but is one required when giving oral sex? what can happen if you dont use one?

20. myra

Re: Condoms during oral sex?

There is a risk of getting STD's and I just read a 39% increase for throat cancer.