1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eyebrow grooming

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by lovetoomuch, Dec 28, 2015.

1. lovetoomuch

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I guess I will ask again. So, I was always insecure about my eyebrows because when I was in middle school I was made fun of for having a unibrow (not a full-on one, Kids put a pencil between their eyebrows to joke around about me having a unibrow. Ah middle school, what a terrible time.

Anyways, it caused me to start shaving in between my eyebrows and even trying to make my eyebrows thinner since they would be really thick. I have been using a razor for the past at least 7 or 8 years to manage my eyebrows.

I actually get compliments for them now, but the problem is they are so much work. I'm basically using a razor everyday. I was dumb and didn't start with tweezers like I should have: now I have to shave the little unibrow hairs about everyday. Additionally, using a razor probably isn't the best thing for my already problematic skin.

I was considering getting my eyebrows threaded, even though I know it's really painful (I'll manage the pain). I wouldn't do it until I come out to my parents because my dad thinks eyebrow management is gay (but hey, he will soon find out I'm gay anyways - lol).

I don't want to do waxing because I heard they look too sculptured. I'm actually fine with my eyebrow shape now, I just want to get rid of all the excess hairs. My eyebrows are way past the stage of just using tweezers cause I've been using a razor for so long.

Do you think it'a a good idea to get them threaded? Also, does anyone have experience with threading? Do they come out nice? Thanks!

2. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depending on where you go to wax your eyebrows, they might not look too sculptured. I like that I have thick eyebrows, but I do get a bit of a unibrow. Every once in a while, I get them waxed. They don't shape my eyebrows because the shape is already nice, so they really just get excess hairs around the edges and in the middle. After you get them waxed, you can pluck the hairs that begin to grow between them.

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you considered laser treatment? I've used it (not for eyebrows) and it works really well. The hair grows back much slower and less dense with each treatment. I think they have it for the eyebrows.

4. KTaylor2013

I tweeze... Once you have a good baseline, you can just tweeze a hair or two every day or so and it's quick and easy. I've never threaded but it sounds like fancy and expensive tweezing to me.

5. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've tried it once, it was painful as hell (WORKED WONDERS, tho)!!! I went back to tweezing seeing as my pain tolerance is pretty darn low.

To be honest, I wish I never touched my eyebrows in the first place... I haven't let them get overly thin but the Cara Delevingne look I had going for me is now lost and I pretty much have to mantain the "fleekness" (excuse the vile expression; I lacked a better one) every day.

6. peachygogh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm the furthest from nice eyebrows, I look like a rottwieler most of the time, but waxing is totally worth it. If you ask for them just to clean it up, it is mostly painless and looks great

7. GatheredStatice

Threading all depends on the person doing it.
    kind of like waxing. Get a person who sucks at it and you won't like it.

8. lovetoomuch

Hey everyone, I know this is an old thread but I got my eyebrows threaded for the first time today and I figured I would tell you all how it went.

They seriously came out great. I have thick eyebrows, but I like that about them, especially because thick eyebrows are in nowadays. The lady was excellent and removed all the excess hairs and really shaped them up.

I was extremely nervous about the pain, but I was fine with it. I seem to have a pretty high pain tolerance, but I was still surprised because it didn't hurt as much as I thought. I would say it is just a little more painful than tweezing (in my opinion). Guys who complain are such wimps (just kidding). :thumbsup:

It cost me $10 plus tip which isn't bad at all. Like GatheredStatice said, I'm sure it depends on the person doing it, but the lady I had was great. I definitely plan to continue threading in the future!

#8 lovetoomuch, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016