1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To douche or not to douche ?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jamie1975, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Jamie1975

Hope people are not offended by this as it is a genuine question.

Am just starting out and wanted to know people's views on anal douching, whether it is actually needed or not.

I am planning to be a top and am thinking it would rather spoil the moment if I asked my play mate if he has douched before I go in. Both regard to anal sex and more importantly rimming.

Yes I understand the importance of safe sex and condoms but am presuming that people in a long term relationship also bareback as well, so this question relates to both a short term relationship (ok, a 1 night stand !!) and also longer term ones.

Would be interested in hearing opinions from both sides

Thanks
    xx

2. ShaiHulud

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am versatile and i never asked to someone if they cleaned their ass LOL :grin: i guess the bottom knows well how to deal with it.
    And sometimes in a relationship during anal sex is normal that things go a bit dirty, but who cares

3. Gay1234

If you have a natural and healthy bowel cycle you would not need to douche. A healthy rectum coats the faeces with an oily substance which let's it pass smoothly without leaving any faeces behind. You can achieve this by having a healthy and balanced diet. I hope this helped.

Good Luck,
    Gay1234

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's recommended by some sources, but isn't necessary. Too much can actually irritate the anus, and make infections more likely. The cons would be more time and effort spent, but you'd have greater peace of mind, I guess?

5. Gay1234

Gravechild makes a valid point which I believe is 100% correct. Look more experienced people may post her or they may not just for your sake let's hope they do. Did you talk to your partner about this?

Good Luck,
    Gay1234

6. GatheredStatice

Just wanted to comment on the spoiling the moment regarding douching in a LTR.
    I had a relationship where we made anal douching a bit of foreplay....ok, TMI and kinky but it worked for us.

YMMV, since I am a cis-female and it was hetero-relationship but I thought I'd chime in.

#6 GatheredStatice, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  7. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, for a different take:

If bottoming, I think douching is good practice but using a very small amount of water. My partner, however, prefers that I do not douche because I am typically clean anyway and he thinks douching creates a different sensation for him. So there are times where I may not without much hassle being created.

When topping, I am ok leaving it up to the bottom to decide what works for them.

8. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone