1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medicine Side Effects

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Swamp56, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I started taking Seroquel about 2 weeks ago, and I'm starting to notice some strange side effects to it:

- Paranoia
    - Anxiety
    - Disorientation

I took my dosage today, and now I'm being continuously disoriented, and not knowing what I'm doing (while in school, I'm typing this from the computer lab)...as well as falling asleep in class (slept in Physics class for a half hour :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

Should I talk to my doctor about this, or just deal with it because this medicien does fix my main issue.

2. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Seroquel is some scary stuff. My doctor put me on it a couple of years ago. I gave it a good try, but eventually went back to my doctor and asked her to ween me off of it. It made me far worse. Bad enough that I left the bottle with her and just took the little sample packets to ween off. Of course the doctor that put me on it was just a regular doctor, not a psychiatrist, so her training was really inadequate to be making such a call to put me on it in the first place. There are actually some lawsuits going on right now concerning the medication causing some other pretty serious illnesses. Not sure how legit those claims are, but thought I should throw it out there. I would continue on as your doctor prescribed, but definitely make an appointment or at least a phone call to discuss the issue.

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Those symptoms sound pretty bad. I'd go back to the doctor.

4. Ben

Ben

Whenever I've been on medication before and gotten bad side effects, I've dropped it and the doctors always seem to have other things.

Not knowing what you're doing and falling to sleep in class aren't exactly doing any good for you. I think you should go see the doctor when you can, perhaps lay off the medication unless this would be detrimental to you.

5. EM68

Go back to the doctor.

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree, you should go back to the doctor, explain the side-effects etc and ask for some different medication to treat whatever the original problem is.

The sort of side-effects you describe are quite serious and affect your day-to-day life so you need to get it sorted out.

7. KaraBulut

You need to call him immediately.

You may need an adjustment in your dosage. Or if you are unable to tolerate this drug, there are other drugs that your doctor can try.

Response to antidepressants is a very individual thing and doctors understand that sometimes it takes a trial of different medications before you're able to find the one that works for you and has the least side effects.

8. cromig

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    when i was on this, i could physically could not wake up. i got blamed for it being my fault. id say talk to your dr. ive changed meds like 3 times in the past year and a half. its about what helps you.