1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it bad to take baths this hot?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by DreamerBoy17, Jan 7, 2016.

1. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A new habit of mine is taking really hot soaks in the tub. I have a ton of muscle knots in my shoulders and back from stress, and it helps a ton.
    Basically, I make the water so hot that I can feel myself sweating, and when I get out, I'm very light-headed and have trouble standing up. The thing is, not only does my back feel great (I can feel warm blood pulsing through all the sore spots) but I can meditate extremely easily right after getting out of the tub because I'm sort of in a trance-like state, sleepy and peaceful.

Is this dangerous to continue doing this?

2. InfinityonHigh

Since it's making you lightheaded, that's a warning sign from your body that you probably shouldn't be doing this. There's the risks of something happening to your blood vessels from expanding too much (from the heat), but one of the risks most relevant to someone your age would be falling if you ever faint after trying to stand up. You could get badly injured from that. Have you tried using heating pads? I imagine that it'd have a similar effect.