1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can not get warm.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by EM68, Feb 1, 2009.

1. EM68

I have been sick for the past week or so with a sinus infection. I have been on antibiotics since Wednesday. I also been trying to get extra rest. For the past few days I have not been able to get warm. I have sweat pants and sweat shirt on. Also when I am on the couch I have 2 blankets and I am still cold. I have taken my temperature and its been around 97 to 97.5. When I went to the doctors my temp was 97.7 and the nurse said it was in the normal range. Should I go back to the doctor or stick it through?

#1 EM68, Feb 1, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  2. Louise

I have always found the best way to warm yourself up is to sit in a lovely hot bath, that should do the trick for you. :icon_bigg

3. KaraBulut

Your temperature is normal for an oral temperature.

It's possible that you have a viral infection. Since you live in Massachusetts and it is miserably cold in New England this time of year, the combination of the weather and your infection are causing you to feel chilled.

Louise's suggestion of a warm bath should help you feel warmer. You may wish to take your temperature every few hours as it is not uncommon that chills and shivering are precursors to a spike in temperature. If you do begin running a fever, you should avoid the bath and instead take something to keep your fever under 100F.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm unfortunate enough to:

1. live in a place where it gets rather cold in the winter
    2. live in an old and rather drafty house
    3. work in the one spot at work which is invariably the coldest spot in the building

In short, I feel your pain. bro. :slight_smile: A few things I do:

* I wear a sweatshirt at work every day of the year, even when it's 100 F outside.
    * I've learned to enjoy hot tea. Hot tea seems to warm me up from the inside out, and grasping the hot mug helps warm up my fingers.
    * Thick socks and shoes at all times, unless I'm lying under a blanket somewhere.
    * Keep moving! I found that exercising helps kick my internal boiler into overdrive.

Lex

#4 Lexington, Feb 1, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  5. Mickey

An electric blanket would be great. That way you can adjust how warm you want to be.