1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexuality and BPD or emotional dysregulation

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Eli98, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Eli98

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey. I'm not actually new to here but I forgot my user name so I made a new account. :bang:

I was curious about anyone else here who is bisexual or has trouble in figuring out their sexual orientation and also has Borderline Personality disorder (BPD), or Emotional Dysregulation, or Emotional unstable personality disorder (EUPD). BPD and EUPD are the same thing.

I figured out that was bi at the age of 14 but it always seemed to fluctuate between attraction for guys or girls or both. Now I have given up and just 'labelled' myself Bi so it is easier to tell people.

I've also been seeing a therapist and I am currently going through DBT. My therapist has told me I have emotional dysregulation but she doesn't want to properly diagnose me with EUPD or BPD because my brain is still developing.

Now I am wondering if my difficulty in knowing if I am gay , straight or bi is because of the emotional dysregulation (which is basically EUPD) and my fluctuation between feeling female and male is also because of it. Since one of the symptoms is having difficulty in knowing you are and confusion in sexual orientation.

Is there anyone else that is experiencing similar or the same feelings that I am? Or I am I just trying to link things up where they aren't related at all...