1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad health and coming out

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Outboy, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Outboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just recently I have been assessing my life and where I am at. I have been denying who I am to others for years and I just feel I need to tell someone close to me but the fear of telling them I am gay is terrifying. The past week or so I have been to hospital with chest pain and palpitations which have been put down to stress and anxiety, which I feel may be the case. However I think these symptoms are still going to persist until I can finally admit the truth. I may need to visit my GP for further help and advice and may need to tell her the real cause of my problems. I'm not sure what to do.

2. Eli98

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello
    First of all perhaps rather than pressuring yourself to tell someone step back and remember you aren't being timed. You don't need to do anything right this moment. Maybe it would be a good idea to tell your gp the truth. If you don't feel comfortable saying that you are gay then just be vague about your sexuality.
    If you feel the need to tell someone that strongly you don't need to tell them face to face. When I came out for the second time to a friend who was very very Catholic and kind of homophobic I texted her and turned my phone off for a day. Perhaps that night help. Tell someone through writing or voice message.
    I hope all goes well for you and your chest pains get better x

3. latenlife lez

If you are comfortable- tell you GP- and then find a counselor. Stress and anxiety- from life circumstances are not good-whether or not you have other health problems. What you have described is bad stress- which wears the body out- tears down your immunity - and in general makes you feel bad.

You could journal- you could meditate- you could join the craze of coloring that is happening right now- but none of things will give you piece of mind- like telling a professional who can help you- whether medical or psychological.

Plus remember that the doctor can only work with the facts you give them. Ever watched House-he could tell when someone was hiding something- that might make it easier to treat

Take a deep breath-- and take each day one at a time-