1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constantly Exhausted

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by taken, Jan 13, 2016.

1. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have an extremely busy schedule between full time work (night shifts) and working on a master's degree. I don't get a lot of time to see my girlfriend and it seems like when we do see each other I am extremely exhausted and just fall asleep. Last night, she got upset with me because I hadn't seen her in about a week and when I went to see her, I fell asleep on the couch in about an hour and half of being there. I'm trying to get my sleep schedule more regular, but does anyone have any tips on how to feel more energized when I am awake? I just feel like I could sit down and pass out at any point during the day.

2. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, the best thing to do is get adequate amounts of sleep, avoid drugs, even alcohol and caffeine, and get some exercise. You need a sufficient amount of high-quality sleep. No substitutes.

3. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think night shits suit some people more than others. Its against the natural human rhythm to be awake at night.

4. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
    But yeah get good amounts of sleep and try making a schedule, it might sound boring but if you know you need sleep at blank blank time it's easier to schedule around it.

5. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think trying to eat right is very important when running hard like that. I work 70 hours a week with a whole 2 days off since August. Sometimes no matter what you do tho, your body is just gonna shut down if you need the rest that bad.

6. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As an off and on insomniac, I too am trying to get my stuff in order. I'm not a doctor, but here are some of my thoughts. Do you use black out curtains when you sleep? If not you should get some. You need to simulate nighttime for when you need to sleep. Also talk to your doctor if things get too crazy. There is such a thing as Shift Workers' Disorder and medical help can be provided to get you on a regular schedule. Also, using a SAD light for a little bit before your shift might help awaken you.

Just some thoughts, but seriously talk to your doctor if you can't get the rest you need and you have to work night shifts.