1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dildos

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Invidia, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Pleasant topic, eh!
    So, I was thinking of getting myself a dildo, and I was thinking if some kind souls here could share some experiences of what kind of dildo is good to buy. What material is good? Rubber? Metal? Plastic? I'm a novice with this stuff, so any tips and advice are appreciated.
    PS. I intend to use it for anal stimulation; though I guess I might use it for vaginal stimulation if it lasts until my surgery is done.

2. Kinky

Kinky Guest

I heard silicone is the safest. Whatever you buy, buy something with a 3 inch circumference, or better yet, a butt plug. I made the mistake of buying a 5 inch girth dildo and yikes it still hurts every time I try to get it in, even with lots and lots of lube.

I wish I had purchased a butt plug..

3. wolf of fire

Whatever it is star small, ask the people in the shop it is their job to help you.
    I think a soft substance would be best but I have little experience of these things.

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Silicone is a good material. You don't need to worry much about the length (because you can obviously control how much you are using), but try to avoid picking a large circumference.

If you are going to buy them personally, ask the shopkeeper for help. They are used to help all kinds of people with this stuff, so you don't need to be ashamed :slight_smile:

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Thanks all. :slight_smile: Also, I was wondering about vibrating, non-vibrating, what have you found to be good?

6. Hiems

Get one that has a flared base so that it's removable.

Avoid silicone lube with silicone dildos. Water based is probably your best bet for any material.

For more questions definitely ask employees. They're usually more than willing to help.

7. MissMook

I don't normally contribute to these sorts of things, but I do have my fair share of experience.

For someone just starting off, I definitely recommend you start with something vibrating. Most toys that vibrate, especially made for prostate massaging, are made smaller and will be less pain. They're also made in a way where they can be inserted incrementally to your liking, and the vibrations alone will feel great. Also, they're a lot more fun when you have a partner involved.

Do NOT get anything that is of a porous material as that is just asking for trouble; it will house germs, cause infections, gets more difficult to clean over time, all that terrible gross stuff nobody wants to deal with. Definitely go with something silicone or rubber, they're not nearly as rigid and easier to start with before you can move on to something with a little more...um...oomph. Go with metal or plastic if you are more experienced, and metal will obviously cost you much more.

You WILL need lots of lube. You can play it safe with water-based lubes as they will work fine with condoms, but you'll need to use waaaay more as most of it will be absorbed. Oil-based is what is most recommended as even a moderate amount could last you the full duration; but they will eat through condoms. Silicone is a safer option, will last you almost as long as oil, and you can even use it on condoms; but they will wear down silicone toys.

There are plenty of options for you to choose from and it's all a matter of your own personal preference.

Remember to clean them afterwards.

Have fun!