1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wisdom Teeth

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by KaySee, Jan 16, 2016.

1. KaySee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, it has been three days since my wisdom teeth were removed. I was unconscious for that, but it still hurts. So far there are no complications, but I am concerned about the stitches... The ice packs, pain meds, ibuprofen, and saline water help, but I was wondering if there was any advice someone could give me.

2. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What are you looking for advice on? They hurt for a while, and then they don't. Just make sure you stay away from straws, smoking, and the like. If you think a stitch ripped, go see the dentist.

3. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

You'll be fine, like DougTheBicycle said if you think a stitch has ripped go back to the dentist other wise just follow the care guideline they gave you and make sure you stay on top of it.
    - I had both my top and bottom ones out and was unconscious both times. My bottom ones were slightly compacted and the roots were like hooks that were almost touching my nerves and I had no issues once they were out. Honestly my only issue was the medication they gave me because it made me nauseous.

#3 AlexPanda94, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2016
  4. HelloSweetie

It really depends on what your concerm is, be careful when your brishing your teeth to not brush the wound, if you start bleeding again then go back to the dentist, actually one of my stitches fell out and I think I swallowed another one, but I had no problems because of it. Hope the pain stops soon (*hug*)

5. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The stitches won't give you problems. Best thing you can do is to take as easy as you can, and to follow your doctor's advice, specially regarding antibiotics (just take them).
    Stay and home and do nothing, absolutely nothing.

I had problems for months, including acute pain and a couple of visits to the emergency room.
    I'm sure it was all the fault of not staying at home. Not that I had much chance for that back then anyways. My mother also made a terrible experience. However there seems to be people who recover in just a few days.

The body needs to recover, the rest is a question of circumstances beyond your control

#5 Michael, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
  6. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pain is normal.

Use the medication your dentist has prescribed for it and take the advice they have given you.

Let the stitches be, they'll fall out on their own (if they don't have to be removed by your dentist) when they're ready.

Also, don't drink with a straw, eat too difficult to chew food, smoke and the like. Doing so could dislodge the blood clot and cause a dry socket. I never had one, but it looks like it would hurt a lot. It is possible to get one anyway, though. If you get one, you have to go back to the dentist so they can disinfect the wound again.

Following this, you should be totally fine. Good recovery :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It'll take a little while for it to feel normal and for all the pain to go away. As far as the stitches just don't brush too far back when brushing your teeth and if it hurts really bad just use an ice pack to help a bit other than that get plenty of rest and you should be good to go in a few days. I had all mine taken out at once and it. Took me around 5-7 days to feel back to normal