1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Severe pain when cuddling

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by shy, Jan 20, 2016.

1. shy

shy

Whoever reads this: I've been to the hospital already.

So I had a first date (with a guy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). We had dinner (restaurant grade, all food well done :eek: ), after that I stayed the night over at his place. All we did was watching movies and cuddle, we didn't have sex. The next day I had this weirdish belly ache at right bottom spot. Since it cured off after a lot of drinking tea I didn't think much by it.
    Two days later he invited me over to his place for dinner, which I accepted. This time we cooked by ourselves (actually I did, since I am the one who likes to cook :icon_redf ), all kinds of food were sufficiently cooked (no medium rare meat or anything :eek: ). Same procedure after: watching movies, maximum action was spooning.

At approx. 3 a.m I woke up, searing pain at the same spot. Since I didn't want to wake him over it I got up, toilet, some walking around, some research. After like 30 minutes I got my mind made up by that pain and he drove me to ER. All physical tests, blood and urine tests were negative. Since I kept asking for more painkillers over and over again they had to give me morphine (shows the level of pain... kinda).

Ultrasound examination in the morning finally said it was gastroenteritis, an inflammation of my tubes (I guess, not too familiar with these parts) and not an appendicitis.
    How did I get this inflammation? I almost double checked all food I ate and all other symptomes of a gastroenteritis were missing.
    Is there any reason why I should get this just from cuddling, like unlucky positioning, distress (for reasons :eusa_sile ), too soft mattress...?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No obvious correlation I can think of. Is it remotely possible there's something in the air or in the food that you're allergic to?

3. TheAnon32

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure about your case but my brother did have sever stomach aches as well which when inspected revealed inflammation as well. His was due to stress of med school however. Have you been under allot of stress.

4. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    According to some online Medical Websites - Bacteria such as E. Coli and Salmonella can trigger Intense Stomach Flu. Also contact with someone who has the virus OR Contaminated Food and Water can trigger it too.

Is it possible the restaurant you went to eat was not upto the mark with clean stuff? Or is it possible the guy you were with was suffering from it? Or anything at his house, like water or juices or anything?

5. shy

shy

@Chip: No food allergies are known to me and I had to get tested.

@TheAnon32: Well, since you asked, as a victim of sexual abuse in my childhood I have only just begun to open myself towards other men. Even though I enjoy physical contact I get pretty shaky in the beginning. Since it always got triggered when I was around someone else (in that way) I thought there might be a connection.

@Phoenix77: Switzerland here. Contaminated water is less than unlikely. As to food, we had mongolian bbq first, where everything gets almost cooked dry. As to my own cookings, these were cordon bleu. A kind of porc steak with ham and cheese filling. I didn't eat salad or any uncooked food during these days.

6. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you heavily aroused while spooning/cuddling? Being aroused for long time periods can cause a pain known as 'blue balls', but it tends to be more in the groin area. But from experience I've had it manifest as back and belly pain.

7. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As someone who has had this before...My doc said that there are some people who are careful about everything they eat and are healthy eater and they still get. It is usually caused by a bacterial or viral infection. Its also called the stomach flu though its not actually a flu.

The ways of getting this is by
    *coming in contact with someone who has it.
    *contaminated food and/or water
    *not washing hands after going to the bathroom.

But its nothing to worry about. Antibiotics usually take care of it.

8. Elli

I feel like that's kind of likely. Stress like that can do crazy stuff to your body; It's ridiculous how sure I could be of a certain pain because of fear or stress and it was nothing.
    Do you feel uncomfortable when you're cuddling with him? Does he know that it might take some time for you to warm up to him completely and stuff?

If it's not stress and really something wrong with your stomach, I don't get why you would only get it when you're close to him.