1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to a Burlesque Show (Alone)?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by KorrasamiIsBest, Jan 26, 2016.

1. KorrasamiIsBest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I wasn't sure if this should go here or in Chit Chat. Anyways on Valentines weekend my local art house theatre is hosting a burlesque show. Since I have nothing better to do on Valentines day and wouldn't mind some eye candy I am wondering if I should go. I have never been to one of these shows before and really don't know what to expect. I have heard it's proper etiquette to go with a partner to one of these things but I have no one to go with, so would going alone look really bad? And out of curiosity would I be able to talk to some of the girls after the show? I imagine not?

2. pinkclare

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never heard of there being any etiquette standards about this! From what I know about performance art, they want an audience that is responsive, respectful, and tip well. Whether or not you know the other members of the audience should be irrelevant. Just make sure you don't take a seat that would be better suited for a large party (ie, at a large table) and everything should be fine!

As for whether or not you can talk to the performers afterwards, it really depends on them and what is happening at the venue when the show is over. I've been to shows where the venue turns into a dance party afterwards and the performers come out and enjoy it with everyone else. In that context, introducing yourself and complimenting the show is completely acceptable. I've also been to places where the performers sneak out the back as soon as they're finished. Maybe you can try to find the performance group on social media and see if you can get a vibe from them about how interested they are in meeting their audience?