1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post-Hysterectomy Pains

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Lunarchy, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Lunarchy

I have (Or rather had, hopefully) Fallopian tube carcinoma (A type of Ovarian Cancer) and recently underwent a full hysterectomy. My entire body feels like it's dying, and I can't make heads or tails of my emotional state. I was wondering if anybody else had undergone a similar procedure, or had any advice they could offer me?

2. Really

I'm sorry to hear this. It is understandably traumatic.

How long has it been? Your body may still be in recovery mode. Did they offer you anyone to talk to after the surgery? It might be a good idea. I wonder if hormones might be playing a role in the state of your emotions.

Make sure you're getting enough to eat and drink. Chicken soup or whatever the Swedish equivalent is. :slight_smile: Take care.

3. Lunarchy

I had my surgery on February 1st. I'm definitely still in recovery, but I wouldn't call it exactly traumatising. I mean, no more periods, that's a definite plus, and I never planned on getting pregnant. All in all, the worst part is probably the scar and the feeling of being a jack-o-lantern.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It will take some time for your body to readjust. Looking beyond how major of a surgery it is, this also can effect your hormones. So, your body both has to heal and get used to the new hormonal levels.

5. idsm

Hey Anna,

I was thinking about you. I wanted to revive your old thread a couple of weeks ago but I thought I should give you some time to recover first. I thought you would have your surgery right away and I was expecting you to be fully back to normal till now. I am a bit surprised that you just had it.

Glad everything went smooth. Hope everything went well with your family, too, and you have all your loved ones around you. Your body is trying to recover from a rather brutal procedure and pain is to be expected (I suppose you are already on some kind of pain relief medication for that). On top of that you have to go through menopause; that´s probably the source of your intense emotions. It´ll take some time...

I do like your attitude, though. Yes, no more periods is indeed a plus! :icon_bigg
    Don´t worry about the scar. Haven´t you heard that marks are sexy? They are proof of battle and a full and active life! (well, at least to me...)

Get well soon!(*hug*)

6. Lunarchy

Thank you all so very much for your kind posts ^)^ You guys definitely put a smile on my face! The future ahead is going to be tough, but I have no choice but to pull through. People are finally going to mars! MARS! I can't die before seeing that! Also, there is still so many Animes I have left to watch. All in all, I don't have the time to let myself be brought down by this.

But seriously guys, thank you. You put a smile on my face ^)^