1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Left Side Hurts??

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Grof142007, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Grof142007

So i belive it started when i woke up this morning

The Bottom left side of my stomach is giving me pain i was talking to my friends and they said it was my kidney and i should drink some water to clean things out. well i drunk server cup of water and after 2 trips to the restroom i felt better but now that im home the pain is starting to come back but not as bad.

but it could be because im paranoid after reading up on this or im hungry but i already ate.

also i have the feel i need to release gas but i cant

so im guessing it a mix of the 2

What do you think it is and What should i do? Umm dont have time or the money to see a doctor maybe when it get more critical

2. MedGuy211

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What does the pain feel like? Where exactly is it? Does it travel anywhere else? How bad is it? Does it change when you move or are in specific positions? Have you been hit there recently?...details are important

Also: I hate to knock your friends or anything. But, dehydration doesn't cause your kidney to hurt. Kidney pain tends to be referred, it feels like it's coming from your lower back. While prolonged dehydration can damage your kidney, it doesn't typically cause pain.

3. Grof142007

1. It feel like a slept on a remote all night. That kinda pain if u know what i mean
    2.Right above the hip but below the ribs
    3. nope just that one spot
    4. Just annoying
    5. someone when i move it goes away and sometimes it doesnt
    6. nope havent been hit there

hope that helps hopefully all will be well in the morning
    also key not im not really eating healthy like once a day but it like a big meal

4. KaraBulut

Pain on the left side is tough to diagnose because of what MedGuy211 mentioned- the phenomenon of referred pain. The pain perception of the brain is not very well developed when it comes to the abdomen and the internal organs, so sometime there might be something wrong on the right side but your brain tells you it is on the left side.

Based upon your second email- that you woke up with the pain and that you felt like you slept on something, the highest probability is that the pain is a strain to the muscles in the area. If it is, then you should get relief from taking an analgesic like ibuprofen or naproxyn along with some rest. Sometimes an analgesic rub or pad helps- like BenGay or any of the pads that contain methyl salicylate (which smells like wintergreen). If you find that the pain is better after a night of rest, that is the most likely cause.

Kidney pain tends to be very intense and more of a crampy sensation. And it tends to be felt in the upper back radiating down to the groin. Some people also run fevers with it. In the case of kidney stones, the pain moves as the stone moves toward the penis. And the pain does not get better when you move- it varies as the cramping comes and goes.

If the pain reliever and the rest don't make the pain better by tomorrow, then you should make an appointment to see your family doctor.

5. Grof142007

After a Night Rest all is better XD im so relived but i think i need to start eating better

6. limfjord96

first of all your kidneys are in your back, and if they hurt it would be hurting in the middle of your back. lower left may be appendicitis even though its traditionally located on the right, it can have pain on the left. but you would usually have a fever etc. it could also be your spleen, which can be inflammed by any sort of infection, and could be a sign of your body fighting it off. and lastly you may have just pulled a muscle, which hurts like hell there. either way if it hurts see a doc:icon_bigg