1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

celxa/weak orgasm

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ECMember, Feb 19, 2016.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been on celexa 20mg and klonpin .5mg for about a week since I left the psych hospital. My masturbation output seems slightly weak at times. I had hand jobs from 3 different guys and it took a bit effort on 2/3 of the guys that gave me hand jobs. I explained the situation and they were cool about it and didn't judge but ejaculation seemed weak and they needed a bit of effort to get me off though. I mean I was feeling pleasure and getting an errection but it took a while to ejaculate.
    I do feel an increased sexual desire but my orgasm seems weak. It seems like I have a strong desire for sex but my orgasm is weak at best. Is it the celexa or the klonopin that's causing it. I mean, is it more embrassing than premature ejacualation

2. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From a female's side, I was on a few different antidepressants over the course of about 5 years. Effexor, Celexa, and Prozac (not all at once). When I was on any of these, it was hard for me to reach orgasm. I didn't really notice that they were weaker than before I started (really didn't have much sex before starting meds), but when I came off of them I noticed that I climaxed much easier and they were more intense.
    Side effects of antidepressants include decreased sex drive, trouble reaching orgasm, trouble keeping an erection (for men), and other sex related problems.

3. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel increased sexual desire but a really decreased orgasm(ejaculate). I feel increased sexual desire, more increased erection but decreased orgasm though which is pissing me off.

I mean, I had to tell the guys I was with about being on celexa/klonpin and they were okay about it. My ejaculate was small at times, but they were cool but at least I was able to give them good orgasms with my hand jobs or assistance to them.

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A lot of antidepressants will have negative sexual side effects. The dose I'm on now doesn't make it too bad but when I was on a higher dose it took me FOREVER to finish. Other guys have trouble getting it up at all. I told my bf right when we started having sex that it would take me awhile to finish because of a medication side effect, and he didn't mind. Honestly it bothers me a lot more than it does him--especially because it means I concentrate extra on pleasing him in order to compensate :wink:

5. gaymer4life

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The human body is limited, recuperate, take a break and slow down for some days. Try again. :slight_smile:

6. Systems

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Antidepressants can have all kinds of sexual side effects. It depends on the person and the drug. I'm experiencing the same thing on Effexor, except with increased ejaculate, although that might be due to my hormones leveling out. It doesn't bother me much. It's still pleasurable for me.

7. driedroses

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Klonopin can have some pretty - interesting - side effects. I can't remember the dosage I was on, but it left me catatonic, literally. Even a small dose could definitely weaken reactions and experiences. If you're concerned about side effects - if they are more worrisome than the results the meds are achieving, talk to the doctor. I almost always have serious side effects from meds, but have finally found one that gives me very few, limited side effects in a dosage that works for me. Psych meds can be a real trial and error process between side effects and favorable responses.

8. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The sexual side effects I've been getting have been increased erections, increased sexual desire/libido, increased want for sex, decreased orgasm/ejaculation(thought this has been improving slightly).

I take klonopin .5mg(1 to 2x/day), Celexa 20mg(1x). The Klonopin I got while I was at the psych hospital for my anxiety issues I've mentioned, but the psychiatrist I see on campus wants to me ween myself off it. Well it's a benzo, duh and it's a high risk to abuse(look what happen to Stevie Nicks when she was on Klonopin the late 80s/early 90s).

But I feel like I have a strong sex desire but I can't "put out" when I've had my hook ups recently. Like we've cuddled/made out/played around/hand jobs and such but my ejaculations have seem weak and take a while. I've have to explain to the guys, that I'm taking an antidepresant and anti anxiety meds and they've been cool about it and don't judge.

9. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been noticing some improvement when I take the Celexa in the morning my ejaculate is more better than compared to being "weak."

10. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just started taking klonopin and Celexa within the past week for depression and I've had some of the same problems with a lowered sex/masturbation drive (low even for me) and having considerably weak orgasms that are more difficult to achieve. I know for Celexa sexual side effects are a main one of the drug, so if it's something you want to talk to your doctor about they could potentially figure out a dosage or another medication that could work with depression and anxiety without those side effects, or perhaps taking it in the mornings for you helps with it also. I'm still in the process of figuring out for myself what works best for me. Best of luck in your mental health journey! :slight_smile:

11. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I recently started Klonopin for anxiety and panic disorder and I too have noticed that my orgasms have grown weaker in the weeks since I started it, though for me it's been a very gradual process. I haven't had sex since before I started it, but maybe I should get on that to see what's what with this medication. But I even find myself having trouble getting it up since I started Klonopin.

12. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Normally I am just refer people with questions about the drug side effects to the labels of their drugs. However, since I like you I'm going just tell you the answer. In general everyone should take the time to read the notes coming with their prescription drugs as the information there is really important.

Yes, Celexa has difficulty of having an orgasm listed as a common side effect. See here for more details:

Celexa: Celexa Uses, Dosage & Side Effects - Drugs.com
    Klonopin: Klonopin Side Effects in Detail - Drugs.com

13. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been getting strong erections and a strong sexual desire/arousal but weak orgasms though. It feels like a paradox of sexual side effects

14. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I saw my general practitioner(Internal Medicine MD) yesterday and explained the situation. She just swapped my antidepressant from Celexa to Mirtazpine 30mg. I took it during the daytime yesterday and was drowsy/sleep for about 5 hours. But the random sexual libido spikes went away.

15. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My grandpa was prescribed with Mirtazpine in lower doses as sleeping aid. It does have the effect of making you tired and drowsy. I think it should pass once you build up the tolerance to it.

16. Systems

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm on Mirtazapine. I always take it at night to avoid feeling drowsy during the day. Maybe ask your doctor about taking it at night? And anyway, Mirtazapine I think is unlikely to have sexual side effects.

17. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I took it during the day to see how id react. Taking it at night from now