1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testosterone production

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by TheHesitantAlien, Feb 28, 2016.

1. TheHesitantAlien

Hi all!

I've recently been doing some research on ways I can make my body produce more testosterone naturally, and one seemingly common method is regular short-but-intense periods of exercise. Anyone know if this'll work? Also, any other suggestions?

Cheers :slight_smile:

2. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are 16. Aren't you already pumped up with testosterone quite naturally? Why do you feel the need to increase the hormone levels?

3. TheHesitantAlien

I've never been a particularly sporty person, and as such I've never really built up any considerable muscle and puberty only began to hit me fairly late. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to become some bulked-up bodybuilder, but I would like to see if there's anything I can do (see above) in order to make my body produce a little more testosterone to aid in the development of a little more muscle mass and, most importantly to me, accelerate bodily/facial hair growth, in order to be a little closer towards what I find attractive, both in others but also in myself.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    There are foods (naturally) high in testosterone that you can check out. Just google like "testosterone food".

5. Mr Spock

there are pills (be careful!), there is whey protein you can make into shakes to drink after you workout, and of course I guess you could take extra testoterone itself. I would say, however, that if puberty hit you a bit late it will just take time to be able to grow facial hair the way you want. Every guy is different but unless you have abnormally low testoterone levels or a genetic predisposition to early balding/little to no body hair then you'll probably get some over time.

6. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As far as I know you cannot really influence your testosterone levels by eating or drinking something in particular. If you want to build muscle mass the only option is to exercise smartly. Also, body hair growth is genetic and cannot be influenced even by testosterone. I know this for a fact because a friend of mine is taking unprescribed testosterone shots and he is not getting any hairier but he is building body mass. I advice against such practices as it can be unsafe and have increased aggression as a side effect.

7. TheHesitantAlien

Cheers for your responses everyone! Don't worry, I'm not planning on taking testosterone supplements or medication of any kind. I guess I'll just have to try to eat better and get off my arse and exercise! :grin: ...no, but seriously, I should go out more... *sigh*

8. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

you can have mine!!!:grin::slight_smile: