1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey fatty!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by The Enigma, Feb 14, 2009.

1. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I got tired of :***: hearing that. So you know what I did? It's called a diet and exercise.

I think a lot more people should try it. :slight_smile: Actually, it's not as hard as the media makes it out to be. It's not a short term project either, it's a life choice. Even the smallest things can improve your health...nothings more frustrating then paying buttloads to fit into something nicely...not have to go somewhere and be snickered at because of your gravitation pull.

I really SHOULD stop picking on larger people...but do know that I am larger myself so I usually say it with a grain of salt. I went to Chili's tonight and got the stats on my salad....my SALAD had 990 calories...wowzer...grams of fat was astronomical too...I like to watch calories but I know that's not EVERYTHING. But anyway, I digress.

Everyones made a fat people joke...but this lady walked by who's butt was...bouncing...and her front end...was like Dog the Bounty Hunter's wife's....I called her the Deathstar and my mother nearly choked on her pepsi. Lol

But point is...

To all those who ARE TRULY obese...

Try doing something about it. :slight_smile: Really, you can do it.
    I did.

I started my diet close to 6-8 months ago...if memory serves right.
    I slowly...and PAINFULLY...stopped drinking soda
    (When I go to a restaraunt it's only water...plus I SAVE money now)
    Eat slower.
    (Your body takes a minute to register the food its got)
    Eat more...yes I said MORE!
    (Your metabolism will keep on spinning. But eat healthy...eat veggies or something)
    One of my secrets to encouraging myself...buy jeans that are too small for you...one size down...Then work the fat off to wear them.

and MOST IMPORTANTLY...
    Get off your ass and exercise. :slight_smile:
    Its not THAT hard. Walk for 30 mins...at LEAST twice a week.

I am not Jenny Craig...but just thought I should thow some encouragement out there. Those of you larger men and women probably get plagued by those pretty people in Ambercrombie/Fitch and American Eagle stores...I know I have.

Oh, and by the way...since I started my diet...
    I've lost 64lbs.
    Shrank many pant sizes
    and One and a half shirt sizes

(and most importantly, I have more STAMINA)

#1 The Enigma, Feb 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2009
  2. tallship

Well done you!
    If thats what makes you happy with yourself .
    Keep working on your language skills though still a tad abrasive :eusa_clap

3. Lukee

ee. I put on weight when I was 11 and couldn't get it off. I started to get it off last november and i'm steadily losing it. :slight_smile:
    But the thing that most people don't realise IS the food. I mostly drink water & most people should keep that in consideration.
    People think eating breakfast, (Lunch, some people skip it) & dinner is good, but it's better to eat 5 - 8 SMALLER meals a day, because as you said, it keeps the metabolism going. And it is a whole lot better to have the smaller meals packed with the stuff you need (instead of chips or something).

I think some people would read what you've said & can take something from it. :slight_smile:
    I already have the smaller jeans. I give it about 1 week and perfect. (x

4. ArcaneVerse

While i agree that a lot of people can do so much more to stay healthy and fit, its not always as easy as you try to make it sound. Depression is a major factor that occurs frequently with overweight people which makes it hard to get motivated and that's just naming one obstacle.

Also just because you may be "larger" doesn't give you the right to make comments like this:

Its just unnecessary and can do devastating and lasting damage to the people who do hear them.

oh and i understand that this post was about encouragement which is great but you could try to be a little less harsh next time.:icon_wink

5. Lukee

^I agree with all of the above points.
    And motivation is a key factor, here.

6. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

True. I think the hardest part for me was actually getting started. And until you start seeing those slow changes in your body measurements it can seem worthless. But, like I said...it's a LIFE CHOICE, not a quick fix. :slight_smile: And I happen to be spontaneous and persistant so I've been able to keep at it. I go to the gym once to twice a day. (We have one in the apartments)

And yeah, 6-8 short snacks a day can work too...but I've tried that. I find it harder than the 3 meals because you have to eat just right in order to not be taking in unnessesary foods. I usually count calories but thats not everything. After all, there is no such thing as a calorie really. They're just heat measurements from kilo calories that tell you how much ATP power youre going to give off. (lol Bio nerd here)

Hmm. People keep saying that. I'll tone it down a little. :wink:
    I am very direct XD

7. ArcaneVerse

Indeed it is a life choice, one that more people should be making in a time when obesity is on the rise. I totally agree with the whole it seems worthless until you start noticing the subtle changes statement, which is where i think many people falter, when they work so hard for so long and sacrifice so much to not get the affirmation they need at the time they need to continue pushing forward.

I know thats where i tend to struggle, not with trying to loose weight [I'm like borderline anorexic] but when trying to gain some muscle. although its also because i don't have access to much gym equipment with being home bound and all.
    It sounds like your gym is in a highly convenient place. your very lucky.

Oh and though i still mean what i said, I'm sorry if i came off a little bit preachy with the whole "fat Jokes" thing. It just touched a personal sore spot.

8. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

S'okay. It's true. I am just used to thinking this to myself.
    "Once you had fat, you don't go back."

XD But yeah...Muscle gaining can be hard if you're home bound. One of the best things to help weightloss is...having money sadly. The more money I usually have, the better Ido. All the fast food places have healthy foods too but they're like triple the normal price. I hate going to McDonalds with friends and having to stomach that nasty crap. I just eat the bare minimum and buy something later. Having not eaten McDonalds for like months at a time...and comming off most nasty fast foods you can REALLY taste the greasiness of it now. So to me, its gross anyway.

But I encourage you to keep training. Muscle in my arms seem to build fast and lower legs. I focus on my main four leg muscles though. Glutes, quads, calves and hamstrings.

9. Derek the Wolf

Running and eating less = 57 pounds weight loss for me
    It's not that hard, and it's not that technical
    You just need to get up and DO IT
    Which I'll admit can be really hard

10. ArcaneVerse

Yes money can solve many of life's problems or at least make them easier to deal with.

I so wish i had the ability to stick to a routine but once i miss a day i lose momentum and keep missing days until i eventually stop. And i always miss a day its unavoidable.

11. pianomike

thanks for sharing... i use to be a little overweight and did mostly what you just described,
    and would engorage anyone wanting to lose a little.
    i also thought it was funny that you mentioned buying a small pants size and use those as your motivation..... i did the same thing!!!

12. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I think it works so well because I spend a few bucks on them. XD So I am like..."Well I BETTER fit into them..just spent 50$ goddamn dollars on them!!"

13. BeautifulStranger

I'm envious
    I used to be 50 lbs overweight...

Until I got incredibly sick and lost 25 lbs through vomiting.
    I stopped gaining weight after that and I just grew into the last 25.

14. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Lol Oh. Nice. Ive tried the easy ways...let me tell. I felt like a tard not figuring out how to correctly induce finer vomiting. Not saying yours was but I tried getting really sick to do it too. I also came to the conclusion that all the skinny gay guys are skinny because they have AIDS or HIV or something so I thought...Maybe I should get it too! Boy was that foolish now that I think about it...but disparity makes one loony. Thank god I never got it either; I would truly regret that.