1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

men's orgasm?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by aussielefty, Mar 5, 2016.

1. aussielefty

just wondering if most guys orgasm or cum, what ever you want
    to call it during sex or masturbation, and whats the difference?

like if I cum is that part of the orgasm or before? and If I dont cum
    and I have that whole feeling, is that still an orgasm??

a little confusing I know, just something I'm thinking about latley

thanks for any anwsers

2. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I don't know the difference in semantics but this is my understanding of it.

Orgasm is the electro-chemical reaction that gives you pleasure. "Cumming" on the other hand refers to ejaculation that is closely related but not the same thing. It is possible to ejaculate without having orgasm and sometimes it's possible to have orgasm without ejaculating. This is the case typically with pre-puberty boys. I don't know if this is possible in adults though. Usually at least a small amount of ejaculate products (there is sperm and some stuff that is produced by the prostate) exit through penis. I can get orgasm without any manual or mental stimulation if I'm in a high place and feel that I am in an immediate danger of falling. It's really bizarre. I don't even get hard on, it just happens without much warning. Small amount of ejaculate products comes out but the orgasm is rather big.

Needless to say, since the circumstances of achieving this are so uncomfortable and dangerous I don't climb around hunting for orgasms. I discovered this by accident when climbing in a high place with a rope and nearly fell down as a result.

#2 Euler, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  3. AKTodd

You're somewhat mixing terminology here, probably because the terminology itself is rather mixed in this area.

If we're using 'formal' terminology and 'proper' English, then a man has an orgasm (the period of pleasurable sensations), during which he usually ejaculates semen. It's possible for some boys in early puberty and sometimes for an adult man to get the pleasurable sensations (aka orgasm) w/o ejaculating semen (a 'dry orgasm'). Sometimes 'semen' is also referred to as 'ejaculate', in which case the word is pronounced a bit differently and is considered a noun rather than a verb.

Example: The man had an orgasm and ejaculated. He then got a towel and cleaned his ejaculate (or semen - either term will work) off the sheets.

If we are being informal or using slang, then a man can 'cum' (or 'come') - experience the period of pleasurable sensations - during which he usually shoots 'cum' (or some other slang term for semen may be used here such as 'spunk', 'load', 'wad', 'jizz', etc. etc.). It's possible for some boys in early puberty and sometimes for an adult man to get the pleasurable sensations (aka cum) w/o shooting cum (not sure if this would be called a 'dry cum' - haven't heard this referred as a single phrase). As with the more formal case, the same word can be used as both a noun (cum) and a verb (cumming). In this format, you can also get different words for past, present, and future tense (I came, I'm cumming, I'm going to cum).

Example: The man came. He then got a towel and cleaned his cum off the sheets.

Hope this helps,

Todd

#3 AKTodd, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Orgasm and ejaculation are separate, though for most men, they happen at the same time. But it is possible to experience orgasm without ejaculation, and it is also possible to experience ejaculation with little or no orgasm.

There are a variety of practices that can help men enhance the experience of orgasm, and many of those actively discourage ejaculation. That may sound counterintuitive, but it isn't. The pleasant sensation comes primarily from the orgasm, not from the ejaculation. So for men that practice orgasm enhancement, it is possible to experience multiple orgasms in a short period of time, but usually without ejaculation.

In colloquial terms, when we say that a guy "cums", we are generally referring to ejaculation, which usually also involves an orgasm that happens at about the same time. "cum" is also a slang term for semen.

5. Seahawksfan

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cum is Before you release your load Orgasm Is the funny feeling that builds up just before you cum

6. Azrael79

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had a very intense orgasm twice, it was extreme and I felt pain and pleasure at the same time.right before I released,my balls cramped up, my body became stiff and my legs were shaking to the point if I would have tried to stand up I would have collapsed. I wish it would happen more often ; )

7. Carpe noctem 16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Azrael i've never had that happened before. Was this experience with a guy or girl? Lol im curious!

8. Azrael79

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It was with a girl, we were having sex and she used a dildo on me. the second time was anal play as well but it was solo, I more or less pushed my limits : )

#8 Azrael79, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  9. Carpe noctem 16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Man ,

Information overload! Talking to you now i really want to try. This is so difficult! Im trying so hard not to hook up with some random guy. !

10. Azrael79

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You asked ; )

11. Carpe noctem 16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  12. Azrael79

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lol

#12 Azrael79, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  13. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For what it's worth... that quality of orgasm doesn't require a partner. It's quite possible to achieve by yourself, it just requires intention and practice. There are a lot of resources out there on tantric masturbation and similar exercises. :slight_smile:

14. Weston

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When my boyfriend cums, it's like a grand mal seizure. The first time it happened it scared the shit out of me. I have to be careful where my arms and legs are, or I could possibly sustain a fracture — that's how violent they are. They also repeat in waves for several minutes after. He says it feels great!

15. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok I've never experienced that... Now I'm very curious lol

16. Louie1

I've never experienced an orgasm without ejaculation. I would love to know how this is possible? Any ideas?

17. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One book I can recommend on the topic is "Taoist Secrets of Love" by Mantak Chia. He's a little screwy in some of what he suggests, but all of the basics of learning to orgasm without ejaculation are in there.

18. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is it strange that ejaculation is part of the main pleasure for me? The feeling of something coming out during orgasm is really powerfully arousing to me. Maybe it's different for others or maybe I just don't know the joys of ejaculationless orgasm, but personally I'm in no rush to give it up.

19. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read about male multiple orgasms... Never experienced this, but wonder what it's like? Anyone?

20. Seahawksfan

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha same releasing your load is always a good feeling after ejucualition that awesome feeling you get is a orgasm I love both of them