1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sex always hurts

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by alyxya, Mar 7, 2016.

1. alyxya

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would really appreciate it if someone found the time to answer me because I really don't know who to turn to with this.

I'm 24 and I've been having sex with my girlfriend for over 4 years. She was my first and when we did it the first time she tried to penetrate me with a finger but I felt really uncomfortable and told her to stop. We tried again a couple of times after that but I was never able to enjoy it, so eventually we just stopped trying; I had heard before that some lesbians just don't like penetration so I figured I must be one of those and sort of got over it.

My clit area is also extremely sensitive and even with the gentlest touch I almost always experience discomfort and even pain. My girlfriend doesn't have similar issues and she was really surprised when I first told her, so after a while I started downplaying it and pretending it felt good but the truth is that for the most part I'm only able to enjoy sexual touch when her whole hand is cupping me from the outside (when the clit doesn't hurt it feels much more intense but eventually it starts hurting and I'm not able to orgasm if it does, so I sometimes feel like I have to fake it). That's also the only way I'm able to masturbate, and even though I've been trying different things I am never able to come in any other way. I enjoy topping way more than I do bottoming (although it might be so also because it feels so uncomfortable) so I never really think about this except during sex and then it's over and I just bury the problem somewhere in my mind and leave it alone, but in the past six months or so my sex drive has significantly increased (it's always been pretty high but never quite like this before) and this has started to get harder and harder to ignore.

Then last week I went to a spa and got my period on the same day so I tried to wear a tampon (I got the smallest one I could find, smaller than a finger). I had never even tried one before because even the idea freaks me out but I had no choice so I thought 'if I have to I'll just get over myself and do it'. What happened though is that I inserted it completely and almost fainted, I couldn't breathe, I couldn't see and I started having stomach pains and feeling nauseous. I didn't want to give up so I tried to push it in fruther anyway (it was all in but it had to go up higher) and the thing didn't move in the slightest; at first I did it gently, then I tried pretty hard and still nothing happened. I eventually had to take it out to avoid fainting. I'm not exhagerating, my pain threshold is really not low, - I have tattos, piercings- it was one of the worst things I've ever experienced.

Up to that point I had always believed my issues were all psychological but now I wonder if they may be physical. Furthermore, I really have no reason to have all these issues with penetration and my genitals in general; I've never been sexually abused in any way and I've always had a very open and healthy relationship with sex (also never really had any issues with being a lesbian or my sexuality, either).
    So I just don't get it and I'm quite worried about this. If anyone has had a similar experience or just has any inshight at all I would love to read what you think about this. Sorry the post was so long but I still feel like I've omitted parts of the story anyway, I couldn't make it any shorter than this.

2. PrsngHppnss8D

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Go to a doctor (gynecologist, psychiatrist). So I assume that pain is always a reason to see a doctor. If you wish to have sex but is unable because of the pain, so there's something wrong. So I suggest you to see a doctor and quickly. Nothing to worry about what could it be, put that on priority.

3. Really

4. Tinker

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi

For me sex used to be paintful too. And I never use tampon either, because it feels unconfortable.

For me I think it was a psychological pain, because I spoke with my gyno and he told me that everything was fine just a little tight but nothing else. I was scared that a penis was too big for that hole and it used to stress me out.

As I'm bi and was scared it would be a problem if i found a boyfriend. So I buy a mini sex toy and lube and I try on my own ... and it was all fine so I buy a bigger sex toy and it was still ok even pleasurable.

Now I can have sex with my boyfriend and I'm not stressed about it and I love it.

So go see a gyno. Then try to arouse yourself and use lube/vaselin and try to relax.

#4 Tinker, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  5. If medical reasons are ruled out, it may be a mental block. For me, sex hurts when I'm not fully aroused. Having an orgasm or stimulating the clit helps relax the vagina. Toys help too.

Good luck. Be patient with yourself.