1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

solar plexu injury(heal)/aka got the wind knocked out of me

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ECMember, Mar 7, 2016.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Okay early last Wednesday morning, my friend and I were horse playing around. We had a few drinks a bit. He had "winded me"(punched me in the gut area-solar plexus) about 1-2x. It did hurt but I did not vomit or throw up blood. I did have a strong pain for a few minutes then it's slowly slowly diminished.

I rate the pain around 1-3 at times. I do have some pain in my back from maybe a secondary injury from the horseplay.

I haven't thrown up blood or had it in urine or stool. No shortness of breath or fast heart rate.

I did go to an urgent care(well ER visits aren't cheap in the USA) in Austin the night before I had to present a paper at a college at a history conference. I saw a PA. Nice lady. My bp was a little high but not dangerous high(140/100) it may have been anxiety. Anyway, she didn't see no bruise on my chest/aboninal area. Non-penetrating injury is what occured.

The urgent care clinic I went to, had no CT/ultra just x-ray. So she ordered an abanomen xray plus a UA(piss test) to rule anything out. The x-ray despite it's limitations on checking trauma looked good as the PA told me. My UA looked good there was no blood in my urine. The PA did say, the X-ray can only check so much due it's limitations and CTs are more accuarate. She did say, if I had severe pain to go to the ER.

It's been about 4 1/2 days since "Getting the wind knocked out of me" I suppose I'm out of the woods. If there was any serious shit from this injury, wouldn't it have happen already.

The PA did an X-ray said it looked fine.

I have been putting icy hot on the solar plexus and on my back somewhat and it helps. I hardly have no problems: no fatigue, no dizzy spells, no shortness of breath, no rapid heart rate, no bleeding. I mean maybe there was some mild contusion or bruising of a rib or tissue.

I mean, has anyone gotten the wind knocked out of them? How did you treat it? Doc? yourself? Er? Urgent care?

2. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I suppose this is a mild injury I have. I mean I the X-ray at the urgent care showed no damage or contusions. I mean, if I have a shortness of breath or puking blood or pissing blood out, yeah I'll go to the ER ASAP.

So far, just some mild heavy feeling in my gut area. I rate this feeling a 2-3.5. Not a real pain. And maybe some slight bloating.