1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

abdominal(gut punch) injury what to do(home care help)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ECMember, Mar 8, 2016.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Okay early last Wednesday morning, my friend and I were horse playing around. We had a few drinks a bit. He had "winded me"(punched me in the gut area-solar plexus) about 1-2x. It did hurt but I did not vomit or throw up blood. I did have a strong pain for a few minutes then it's slowly slowly diminished.

I rate the pain around 1-3 at times. I do have some pain in my back from maybe a secondary injury from the horseplay.

I haven't thrown up blood or had it in urine or stool. No shortness of breath or fast heart rate.

I did go to an urgent care(well ER visits aren't cheap in the USA) in Austin the night before I had to present a paper at a college at a history conference. I saw a PA. Nice lady. My bp was a little high but not dangerous high(140/100) it may have been anxiety. Anyway, she didn't see no bruise on my chest/aboninal area. Non-penetrating injury is what occured.

The urgent care clinic I went to, had no CT/ultra just x-ray. So she ordered an abanomen xray plus a UA(piss test) to rule anything out. The x-ray despite it's limitations on checking trauma looked good as the PA told me. My UA looked good there was no blood in my urine. The PA did say, the X-ray can only check so much due it's limitations and CTs are more accuarate. She did say, if I had severe pain to go to the ER.

It's been about 4 1/2 days since "Getting the wind knocked out of me" I suppose I'm out of the woods. If there was any serious shit from this injury, wouldn't it have happen already.

The PA did an X-ray said it looked fine.

I have been putting icy hot on the solar plexus and on my back somewhat and it helps. I hardly have no problems: no fatigue, no dizzy spells, no shortness of breath, no rapid heart rate, no bleeding. I mean maybe there was some mild contusion or bruising of a rib or tissue.

I mean, has anyone gotten the wind knocked out of them? How did you treat it? Doc? yourself? Er? Urgent care

Today(Tuesday, March 8):
    -I feel that dull pain in my gut area
    -I feel some bloating feeling somewhat when I eat.
    -No vomit of blood or blood in my urine.
    -I feel some mild pain in my back.
    -I'm unsure if I need to go to the hospital or urgent care or what.
    -this injury is almost a week old. Should I be concerned or not.

2. Willa

You're fine. It's just muscle soreness and will heal in a few days. Just take it easy and don't do any heavy lifting. Take a tylenol before bed. No big deal.