1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Kryz, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Kryz

Varicocele
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Varicocele is an abnormal enlargement of the veins in the scrotum draining the testicles. The testicular blood vessels originate in the abdomen and course down through the inguinal canal as part of the spermatic cord on their way to the testis. Up-ward flow of blood in the veins is ensured by small one-way valves that prevent backflow. Defective valves, or compression of the vein by a nearby structure, can cause dilatation of the veins near the testis, leading to the formation of a varicocele.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varicocele

I'm being treated. So yes, CHECK YOURSELF LIKE VERY REGULARLY

This could have been something worse, and I would like to know early.

2. tylerksub

tylerksub Guest

I found this issue on my left side about a year ago. Its quite easily felt and visible at times. Mine doesn't hurt or anything so i've just left it be. Will continue to do this unless it starts to ache or KaraBulut yells at me. >_> Really don't feel like paying to get this repaired.:dry: ^_^

3. OneHatMadder

I'm so glad that you're okay my darling!

You had me worried when you first told me :slight_smile:

4. KaraBulut

I never yell. :slight_smile:

Varicocele is actually fairly common- around 15-20% of men have it. It's harmless.

There are only three issues that can come up:
    • Some guys with more severe cases of varicocele complain of pain when standing for long periods of time or when wearing loose underwear. If the pain becomes an issue, the surgery is considered.
    • Men with fertitlity problems seem to have a higher incidence of varicocele. It's believed that the increased blood supply from the varicocele can affect fertitility in some men.
    • The enlargement of the veins can make it difficult to complete a testicular exam. Since the same age group (16-30yo) of men have both increased risk of varicocele and testicular cancer, we worry that a suspicious lump on the testicle might be missed.