1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phimosis

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Scaredboy, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Scaredboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I met someone who has this, and it's pretty severe, which sucks for me. I don't mind it much, but if I could choose I would definitely prefer for it to expose the head normally. It's weird because this person is 23 and the amount that their foreskin goes down is very little. At that age I was pretty much good to go in that area.
    Then there's the fact that they're missing out on sexual pleasure. I remember I used to do everything with my foreskin covering the head, now I do the opposite and it feels so much better. Not to mention it looks better.
    Why does this happen? Do some people keep it like that their whole life? I think my parents explained to me once that when I was a young child, they would pull the foreskin down for me little by little. Maybe their parents never did this?

2. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For some males, the foreskin is naturally tighter than it is for others. Now, it is normal for the foreskin to be tighter as a young kid and for it to loosen over time, and it is possible to loosen it yourself by "stretching" it periodically, particularly in the shower. But for some, it never fully loosens. Like you, I'm uncircumcised and my parents made sure to retract my foreskin when I was little and then taught me to do it myself (in order to clean myself down there and in order to make sure it stretched). At this age I have no issue with it (not that I'm trying to do anything sexual with anyone, but it's not an issue either way).

For some people, as long as it retracts when they are flaccid, they are good to go (even if it doesn't fully retract when they are hard--is your friend in this situation?). If, however, it doesn't even fully retract when they are flaccid, then that can mean severe phimosis (or is he in this situation?). Some people are then able to stretch it themselves and improve the situation, others choose to get a circumcision in the most extreme cases where sex is painful with such a tight foreskin. At that point it's really the personal choice of the individual. He may want to consult a doctor about it if he cannot clean himself down there or if sex is at all painful for him.