1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Physical fitness and health

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Anderson Rome, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Anderson Rome

Exercise is most important thing for getting physical health and fitness. We can't live healthy and fit life without doing exercise so regular exercise is most important for every person. I suggest everyone to start daily workout if they want to live healthy life. If you are doing exercises then tell me that what exercises you like to do.

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exercise is very important for overall health, 30 minutes a day is recommended for most people. I just started eating properly/exercising regularly fairly recently and I can vouch for this.

I exercise about an hour a day. I run a mile a day (not much, but I'm just starting out, it still takes about ten minutes), lift weights, and do martial arts.

3. PrsngHppnss8D

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Walking or cycling everyday near to the beach, that's what I do. I'm so used to it I cannot even imagine being everyday inside my house. Music, beach and exercises ^^

4. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Of course it depends on what you're trying to achieve, but I disagree slightly about exercise being the most important thing when it comes to fitness/health. Purely because if you have a crap diet and always eat too much, it doesn't really matter how much you exercise - your weight probably isn't going to budge. Plus, simple diet changes can make a big difference. Running at a reasonable pace (7-8mph) for 10 minutes, for instance, burns off about 140 calories - the same as a can of coke. Of course, what's easier than going for a run for 10 minutes is just not having the can of coke with your lunch. In that way, for achieving a calorie deficit a lot of the legwork is done by food choices rather than exercise.

Anyway, I digress a little :icon_wink I do agree with you that exercise is crucial and has a raft of benefits and everyone should aim to exercise at least once or twice a week! Myself, I typically do 5-7k runs 2 or 3 times a week, and I'll do a 7-min bodyweight circuit or 2 on off-days. Plus I walk at least 20 mins a day thanks to being near my uni campus. In the past I've been known to swim (I don't usually anymore, cos running is just so much more convenient).

Also, if anyone's got any exercise tips they wanna share I'm open to them!

5. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I second this. Exercise, mental health, diet and adequate sleep are all crucial in the balance. If any one is neglected then it's not just harder but it could be harming your body.
    My favourite exercise is easily rowing (on a machine, I don't have an actual boat). It's a good all-rounder from a health point of view.

#5 Calf, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  6. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ditto.

Personally, physical fitness is a great stabilizer for my mental and emotional health. My daily routine includes: 30 minutes of yoga, an hour of weightlifting, and an hour of cardio (jogging + HIIT). Diet is also super important, of course... I'm a vegetarian and am currently trying to cut down on sugar intake, which has been a sticking point for me. Because, as Sam said, a deplorable diet really shoots you in the foot.

7. SHIELDAgentAlex

I haven't gained a pound since eigth grade; I've lost weight without trying.

Thank God for high metabolic rates.