1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Syphilis 2: Return of the Syph

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Criliiam, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Criliiam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey guys, this is my first time posting here. I'm Chris, I'm 23, gay, and I have/had stage 2 Syphilis.

Last summer I was diagnosed with late stage 2 syphilis, the only gift given to me from one of the worst ex-boyfiends I've ever had. Luckily I was treated properly and the shitstorm of symptoms had suddenly swamped me cleared up. Now over 9 months later a rash has developed over 90 percent of my body that closely resembles syphilis stage 2, as it includes my palms and feet. I'm concerned because my HIV tests have been regular and negative, and my Syphilis titers are 1/4 (as they should be) and have been since January.

The purpose for this post, in short, is to find out if anyone who has had syphilis and has been treated for it still experiences symptoms from time to time? Fever, rashes, aches, fogginess, etc. There's so little out there that I could find about syphilis after it's been treated.

Thanks in advance for any insight and/or advice. :icon_redf

2. smurf

Had it once, but I was treated as soon as I suspected I had it, so it didn't get close to stage 2 so not much experience with that. I think syphilis at that stage is not that common anymore.

For me, I took one pill and then next day all symptoms were gone.

You should really talk to your doctor about it to make sure things are okay. I highly doubt this is normal unless you were diagnosed very late.

3. CuriousArticles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you're concerned, go to your doctor. If it's the syphilis you might need to get it treated again, but if it's not, it could be something else that needs treating. The doctor can either treat you or reassure you. It's better to just get it checked. You'll feel much better.