1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acne tips?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by JasmineTea, Mar 26, 2016.

1. JasmineTea

I used to have incredibly bad acne, and while it's still there, it's not at all like it once was. Even still, it's really annoying and grosses me out. Does anyone have any tips on how to get it under control? :help:

2. killswitch0029

Drinking lots of water helps out. Staying hydrated helps flush the crap out of your system and helps keep your skin healthy. Wiping down your face with rubbing alcohol on a piece of tissue paper helps clean out some of the stuff in your pores too.

3. soner

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes I agree with kill switch and also use sun screen on a daily bases to much exposure to the sun can cause pimples as well buy a sunscreen and use it (but use the one that doesnt keep your skin oily try to find one that makes your skin dry) when you go out it might be annoying at first but now I cant get out of the house without sunscreen eat banana as well don't touch your skin to much putting your dirty hands on your face can cause lots of dirt and irritation and when you dry your face don't use a towel use a paper tissue or something because your putting your face on the same towel over and over again causing the dirt from the last time you applied your face on it to go back on your face again.. that's all I can think of XD hope I helped

#3 soner, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  4. YeahpIdk

I wouldn't do this, but I don't know...

Putting straight rubbing alcohol onto your facial skin will irritate it. It would kill bacteria, but it would also kill important bacteria and things that live on your skin to keep it nice and balanced. It will dry out your skin badly, which would only produce more oil, and if you're already prone to it, more acne. Acne + Red and Flaking = Ouch, No.

I would definitely up my water intake and:

- Cut down/eliminate dairy.
    - Eliminate soy products if you're eating those (processed soy, not edamame type soy).
    - Use a really light, good toner -- sometimes I use Clearasil toner, but not everyday, and I try to spot treat instead of rubbing onto my entire face.
    - Go onto YouTube and type in your acne problems, there are a million and one videos on how to tame acne!
    - Do your research. I had pretty bad acne at one point. I went off of birth control and my face went nuts. I was on all these prescription meds that were working for awhile, but then my face just started getting red and horrible. I read an article about minimizing skin treatment, and how dehydration is one of the number one causes of acne because dryness causes the sebum to overreact and create unnecessary amounts of oil for the face, causing clogging and all that lovely stuff that produces acne. So I went from a ton of acne meds to using a light weight lotion cleanser twice a day, and always moisturizing with a light cream. My skin's not absolutely perfect and flawless, but it's so, so much better than it was and I only get blemish here and there.

Hope some of that helps! Just remember that your facial skin is fragile :slight_smile:

#4 YeahpIdk, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  5. Lalayajen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Can I ask how old are you? if you are in Puberty or a little after it. Its completely natural.

In addition to the tips ither guys said. Eating less fatty things help too.

6. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This is a good article:Get Rid of Acne

Wear a sunscreen regularly, use a good cleanser and drink a lot of water.

7. guitar

I had bad acne for years but the thing that got it under control was washing my face every couple of hours with soap and a facecloth. Proactive did nothing. Acutane helped a few friends which might be worth looking into but I haven't tried it.

8. AngelDragonfly

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Acne wash or tea tree oil (use sparingly according to directions on box)
    staying hydrated
    not touching your face
    if you have bangs or lots of hair in your face, wash it more often or put it back somehow
    keep your face clean
    don't pick, it'll scar
    be patient
    find a schedule of cleaning that doesn't irritate your skin
    be careful with your skin
    don't rub or stretch the skin where you have acne

hope it helps!