1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stomach issues

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Matto_Corvo, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been having stomach issues lately, which isn't surprising since I've suffered from digestive issues for a while.
    I know I have Celiac Disease, I was diagnosed a few years ago and have adjusted my diet accordingly.

Lately I haven't been able to eat anything. It started with me eating a baked potatoe and becoming painfully gassy 30 minutes to an hour later. Usually that would follow a painful BM. Over the last few days it has come to the point where I eat something as small as a marshmallow it will send me running to the bathroom with diarrhea. Its been almost 8 days since I've had anything proper to eat and I'm getting frustrated.

I've informed the people I live with that I need to go to the doctor to get this checked out. Even if it ends up something small I rather be safe than sorry. They both don't think I need to. One brings up the fact that we don't have the money, while the other believes that its a physiological thing and that I can simply will it away.

I'm really not sure what to do any longer. I tried eating some very soupy mash potatoes today and haven't been able to stay out of the bathroom.

Any idea's as what can be wrong or what to do?
    So far I lean towards IBS. Also towards mold sickness since we have had a mold problem for years that the rent payer refuses to call the landlord about.

2. Careboobear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You need to get checked out. Better safe than sorry.

3. robclem21

Go see your doctor. This can become dangerous if it goes on much longer. It can lead to dangerous dehydration as well as electrolyte imbalances when diarrhea persists and you cannot eat. Not to mention nutrient deficiencies if you stop absorbing food.

It may be nothing, but again, better to air on the side of caution and find a way to manage symptoms in the meantime.

#3 robclem21, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  4. killswitch0029

If it's at the point where you're always running to the bathroom dehydration will kick in fairly quickly

5. JasmineTea

Drink as much water as you can. Some gatorade, maybe, or ginger ale. Ginger tea, even better. I have stomach issues too, I know how un-fun it is. I agree with the above people, though- you really need to drill it into the people you live with that you have to go see a doctor. Digestive problems are nothing to trifle with.

6. YeahpIdk

You've got a lot of responses with good info! Definitely go see a doctor. Tell the people you live with who think this is a psychological issue that if your brain can force you to have diarrhea, you must be a borderline superhero with powers you've yet to understand.

Celiac is a serious disease. Are you sure that's what you have? If so, and if you don't already know it, you have to be SOOOO careful about everything you eat (it seems like you do know, so apologies if I sound moronic, but even rice can have gluten sometimes!). Do you think you may have accidentally eaten something that could have had traces of wheat in it? I hear that can set you off for days to weeks. I have wheat sensitivity, and I also have a lot of digestive issues/an upset tummy a lot of the time, it is usually an IBS issue. Celiac/wheat sensitivity go hand in hand with IBS, it's common.

I would definitely go to the doctor, but also be really mindful about foods if you're not already. Those marshmallows for instance, are they gluten free? Does it say that they were processed by wheat/soy/nuts? Sometimes that's all it takes. People with celiac can also be highly sensitive to soy products. I know how you feel though, and it sucks :frowning2: -- drink lots of water and eat more potatoes/whole meats if you can. Even be careful with rice, sometimes it's not gluten free. And try not to make the potatoes watery. Eat them while they're starchy and try not to put anything on it. Mushy in can mean mushy out!!

Feel better hun!

#6 YeahpIdk, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  7. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I spent three year having all sorts of digestive issues before almost having a near heart attack due to dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, and malnutrition. It was shortly after that that my doctor diagnosed me with Celiac's. I've been careful with what I eat ever since, I always make sure to see if its gluten free, and the only real problem I've had since then was a vitamin B and D deficiency which I started taking pills for.

The last few months have seen the return of digestive issues. Before this week worth of issues the only thing I ate was a potato (my main food source it seems), I also don't really eat rice.

Been trying to get then to take me to the doctors, but all they say is "yeah, okay" then completely ignore it or forget about it. I would say it would take another heart attack for them to listen, but last time it took two hours to convince then I needed to go to the hospital.
    So I guess venting about it on here is the only thing I can do since my own family seems to not care. They're the same with their own health though. They rather die then waste money on a doctor

8. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not to be insensitive or rude, but while I know you are suffering and in pain, is is not possible for you to go to the doctor on your own? I'm just curious.

9. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This sounds more like IBD instead of IBS. I have UC and that's how it started. Don't wait for anyone and see a doctor asap. The more you wait the worse it can get.

10. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no car and no money. And any doctor that my insurance will cover is in the city 30 minutes away.
    So.basically everything in my life from going to the doctor to going to school to looking for a job boils down to who is willing to give me a lift