1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ways to hide a tattoo on vacation?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by JasmineTea, Apr 8, 2016.

1. JasmineTea

I'm not entirely sure if this is in the right section, but this is where I'll put it, I suppose.

So, within the next few days, my family will probably be booking a vacation to Florida. The problem...? I have two tattoos on my legs that they don't know about.

I'd use makeup to hide them, but I'm worried that it'll just melt off given the humid weather and the almost-certain sweat. I definitely don't want to be wearing full length pants all the time, and since we'll be swimming, maxi dresses won't always be an option. Does anyone have any ideas...?

2. Stillnotsure

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Jasmine, the best way to cover tattoos are makeup or clothing, if you're going to be swimming I wouldn't recommend using makeup as I'm not sure, even if you use waterproof makeup if it would last enough. The brand I know that is used to cover tattoos for movies and such, is TEMPTU DURA makeup, as it is alcohol based, the staying power is greater than many others.

But the most realistic and probably the best advice I could give you, even if it's not the one you'd like, is to talk with them before going on vacation and showing them your tattoos, if not you won't be able to enjoy your vacations trying to keep them covered.

I have tattoos in my arms and neck and I know how difficult or scary it is at first to have to tell your parents you had a tattoo done. the first one I got, I told them before getting it done and still after I had it done, my mother yelled at me and made me cry as I got it bigger than she expected but some hours later she was more calm and actually looked at it and liked it so we made up pretty quick. Long story short, I had more tattoos done without their permit and now they don't even care anymore as they know they've become a part of me and they love me with or without them.

Maybe they become mad at you at first or maybe they wont say a thing but you won't know if you don't talk to them, I'm sure whatever happens, everything is going to be ok.

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are specific makeup brands to hide things like tattoos and scars. Keromask is the one I've got and its supposedly waterproof and all that jazz. I can say it would cover tattoos perfectly if you get the right colours but theyre quite expensive. If you wait for it to dry completely (which I never did because I'm too impatient) then it stays on and doesn't smudge and if you get the setting powder then you're basically fine until you remove it with their specific wipes. They are expensive though, if there's any way you think you might be able to tell your family then I would do so.

4. HerrinDesFeuers

You could cover them with a bandage and pretend you're injured, but I don't know if that would be a good idea, especially when you want to go swimming...

#4 HerrinDesFeuers, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016