1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So i'm kinda worried about my Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by justme003, Feb 21, 2009.

1. justme003

justme003 Guest

So 2 weeks ago she went to the doctor for a sore throat, and the doctor said she had tonsillitis and a Urinary Tract Infection. She was prescribed an anti-biotic for both, one ill. Now her throat is getting red again and she might have an ear infection. If she doesn't feel any better tomorrow she'll go back to the doctor. Any ideas what’s wrong?:confused:

2. Jay

Jay

Sometimes infections can be controlled, sometimes they can't.

Now don't get worried about it, she will be prescribed a bigger dose of anti-biotics which should do it. Remember that each human body is different and while your girlfriend might have followed the treatment truthfully, her body might have been too weak or the dose too small for the illness to go away.

The best thing you can do is to not get stressed about it, make sure she feels comfortable and loved.

3. mcrteenagers

Mm I had an abscess in my throat last November. It's disgusting, it gets red and inflamed.

In my case, it got so bad (even when I was on antibiotics) I had to go to the hospital (3 times actually) because I refused to eat or even drink anything.

The worst pain I've ever experienced: they stick a needle in your mouth, and down your throat to drain whatever the infection has caused.

I'd get back to the doctor tomorrow, cause infections aren't something to leave alone. The quicker they can get her on better antibiotics, the better:slight_smile:

4. KaraBulut

Tonsillitis can take a couple of rounds of antibiotics to clear up.

Sometimes it is because many of the bacteria don't respond to the first antibiotic and a stronger antibiotic is needed or the antiobiotic needs to be taken for a longer period of time.

Sometimes the infection is actually in the sinus but because the sinus is draining into the throat, so the doctor treats it as if it were a throat infection. Once the doctor realizes that there is a sinus infection that is the source of the problem, then a he/she can treat for a sinus infection. Sinus infections often take a longer period of time on antibiotics to clear up.

One thing to think about at this point. The doctor may want to do a throat culture. One possibility we think about when a throat infection recurs like this is a bacteria called chlamdyia. Chlamydia can infect both the urinary tract and the throat. In a relationship where partners engage in oral sex, it sometimes happens that both partners are carriers of chlamydia and they are re-infecting each other. It requires treating both partners with antibiotics to clear it up in both people.

I remember your post from last summer. Are you still dating "Rose" and are the two of you sexually active now?

#4 KaraBulut, Feb 22, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2009