1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys that are negative

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by charlie12, Jun 19, 2007.

1. charlie12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Let's say two guys (that are boyfriends and have been together for at least 2 years and don't have sex with other guys) get tested for HIV and both of their results came back negative, do you think would it be safe for them to start having sex without a condom or would it just always be best to wear a condom?

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I think it depends how much they trust each other not to do anything with other guys, or if they do to be completely honest with each other about it.

3. xxAngelOnFirexx

well just because they don't have HIV doesn't mean that they don't have any other STD. most STD's don't ever have any symptoms but you can still spread them. also HIV may not show up on a test for a while (like months or even years). i suggest that you wear a condom anyway. although HPV can be spread by genital contact even with a condom.

4. Steam Giant

Agreed. Regardless of your test results, you should keep using condoms. It's such a gamble not to.

5. Wicked

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I could never do anal without a condom persoanlly

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally don't think anal without a condom is a good idea, mainly because, well, people lie and people aren't perfect. So even if you aren't sleeping with anyone else, and your partner isn't, that isn't always a guarantee... and of course if someone has cheated on someone else, they don't usually have much incentive to come clean about it, so even the whole "we're committed to each other and we're both negative and so we aren't using condoms anymore" scenario has always seemed particularly flawed to me. Idealistic, sure, but not terribly realistic. And you don't want to leave things like avoiding HIV exposure to pure idealism.

7. Jerr

You are always safer to use a condom then without...

but it is your choice still...

I've done with and without. I took a great risk... Although he was in the army and was forced to get tested before he joined and he was a virgin (other then me) before he joined... It was still a risk...

OO I've made up my mind on what to tell you! (All that above was buying time because I couldn't think of exactly what to say.)

If you have never done w/o... then why start?

You could always save it for your uh... partner commitment marriage type thing... sense you apparently haven't waited for sex. lol

But yeah.. if you haven't before... why start? sex is fun and all but you can do other things if you are wanting to spice it up. (Going without a condom isn't exactly a good way to spice it up anyways...)

8. Sam

Sam

people do make mistakes, even if they never think that they could cheat on someone there is always a possiblity that they will. a spur of the moment, in the heat of the moment, not thinking because I'm drunk or whatever the situation might be. I would suggest that you continue to use condoms, if you never have sex without then you won't be "missing out" on anything because you won't know what its like without condoms.

9. Jerr

If you take away the condoms... you don't get to have the fun of "Which condom!" and you don't get to play with them! lol.... shut up I have ADD moments....

10. Kimi

Wear them.

It's always good to be extra attentive:thumbsup:

11. Daniel6

if u trust each other and commit a long term relationship, in my opinion, do it without condom. Why do straight couples after marriage do it while we dont ?

12. charlie12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I've wondered that to why straight couples will do it without a condom, but not many gay people.

13. Jerr

Homosexuality is tied to sleeping around... sad but true.

14. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Uh no, you're totally wrong there. And even if you weren't, not "sleeping around" doesn't magically make HIV go away--you can be straight and serially monogamous and not have that many partners and still get infected if you're unlucky enough to stupidly have unprotected sex with someone who turns out to be HIV+.

But anyway, there are two reasons (as I see it) that gay people are more prone to using condoms: first, they are aware that, while HIV is not a "gay disease" it is still more prevalent in the gay community and second, they are less likely to buy into the notion that people are always 100% faithful to their partners.

If I were a straight person, I think I'd use a condom 100% of the time with my partner too, unless we were trying to get pregnant. But yeah, straight people still pretty much cling to this fantasy that they can't get HIV, while a lot of gay people have it drilled into them that it's <scary voice>always out there</scary voice>. Or maybe it's just that straight people don't have it drilled into them that makes them nonchalant about it. Whatever the case, I think that despite the underlying fear that a lot of gay guys face about HIV, it's ultimately more sensible to be aware of it than to believe it will somehow magically pass you by.

15. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If they've been doing it for two years and still negative, and they don't mess around then it should be safe. I've never had sex and my boyfriend is negative. From time to time we don't use a condom because we're in a monogamous relationship.

16. Hydrogen

uh.. I will always use a condom.. Just because of the cleanup factor.

However, I can see, if you are going to be in a committed relationship, then yes it could be ok.

I'm in a committed relationship, we only use condoms for f'ing, but as I said, it is simply easier to clean up (I think).