1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So last year...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by someguy82, Mar 5, 2009.

1. someguy82

Last year at this time I had a seizure. It was my second in a 4 year span so I was supposed to get an eeg, however my lack of medical insurance prevented me from doing that.

It is now a year later, and I suffer through constant headaches (I've always had migraines, they've been extremely frequent in the last year), and get occasional phantom noises and smells or random bright flashes in my vision. I haven't had any subsequent seizures, but the year mark has got me wondering about this. Any clues as to what might be wrong with me? Any suggestions on how to deal with this from a poor ass law student who can't afford health insurance?

2. jangel

Hello I didn't actually have seizures I don't think I did not go either but the noises and migraines and smells ring a bell. turns out I have a herniated disc in my neck that was pushing on the muscles and nerves in my brain, I do traction, take meds it has gotten better. I should have went when I thought it may be a seizure but I wrote it off as anxiety but I was shaking, did not know where I was, couldn't speak or stand or walk, but I have noticed off and on these symptoms occur with me as well, things like driving when the sun is shining through the trees and flickering will make it come on and all of a sudden I get a sick to my stomach feeling. Please have an eeg Because i am not a doc and maybe I should have one too maybe it is not just the neck probs causing it as the docs thought. Hmmm best of luck and either way it is darn SCARY!!!! -Jen

3. someguy82

Oh well I got up to use the bathroom, and then started shaking violently and collapsed into my bathtub (and disgustingly crapped myself) so I'm pretty positive it was a seizure (at least the doctor at the clinic thought it was).

That said, I find it funny that I didn't go to the doctor for a few days because of the medical insurance thing (I got chewed out by the doctor because of this), and I actually went a did oral arguments the morning after having a seizure. I'm just glad they didn't suspend my driver's license like the law requires them to do.

4. jangel

Yeah that def seems like a seizure, you are lucky that you were not hurt. At least here I know medical bills don't go on your credit report so GO!! but i know what you mean I didn't want to go either b/c the money thing scared me! Best of Luck -jen

5. KaraBulut

Your profile doesn't give any insight into where you are- it sounds like you are in the US since health insurance is an issue.

If you can provide information about what part of the country you are located, we may be able to direct you to a public hospital where you can take advantage of either public assistance or charity care.

6. someguy82

So this isn't something I can ignore and will go away?

7. cm25

cm25 Guest

it doesnt sound like somethin that will just fly away on its own, it seems like it needs an extra nudge to get out of the nest haha that was corny! but ya it seems pretty serious i would put it at the top of the list of things to do

8. Jim1454

It's as likely to go away by ignoring it as your gayness. Many of us tried that too, and it doesn't work, does it?

You NEED to see a doctor. It might be something treatable now but not treatable if you leave it.