1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cranky

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by greyundrstndng, Mar 8, 2009.

1. I have been really cranky and irritable lately. It used to be at my parents, then my boyfriend and now its crawling into the workplace. While stress is a factor, I'm generally able to keep it together at work. Since work has little emotional involvement, keeping cool there is easier. It scares me that irritability is working its way into that place as well.....
    Any ideas on how to reduce crankiness?:confused:

2. crystaltriforce

go on vacation, have a day to yourself, there are plenty of ways to reduce crankieness

3. notquitebutch

Take a minute to figure out exactly what's stressing you out, and try to get rid of it.

Or just try to sleep more. That usually helps me out.

4. Louise

Yoga can be wonderful for relaxing the body and mind. Once you have emptied and relaxed your mind you should find that your irritability will calm down and you will find more positive methods of dealing with irritating situations.

We all of us tend to take our bad tempers out on those around us simply because we can, we would never dream of talking like that to a stranger so when you feel yourself starting to get mad, just leave the room and try to calm yourself down and ask yourself WHY are you feeling so mad right now at that particular person and try and decide if they really derserve the treatment you are giving them.

This can be a great eye opener and help you to change your attitude towards those you love and also help to keep you calm.

5. KaraBulut

Why do you feel that you're angry and irritable- what's causing it?

6. school: i don't know what i want to do with my education and what to do in school. plus i feel like i am dumb since im not above a 3.0
    Family: I used to be close to my mom, but after i came out we are more distant physically and emotionally. she is supportive of me, except for my relationship.
    Relationship: Its been a rough year and a half and i have no idea what to think. its kinda complicated.
    Weather/Area: small area with bad winters. people are not as accepting and its really boring here and i get cold easily.
    Money: I am broke. I can barely afford my bills and my mom is even helping a lot! and my boyfriend has income too! its not as bad as this summer but its still stressful most of the time
    sorry this was more of a rant....but thats mostly it. and i know that many people are having the same issues or worse. but my boyfriend's been commenting a lot on the fact that i can get cranky and i've been more aware of it...

7. Hugo Boss

You can always play some tennis or go for a swim to relieve stress
    When I am sad, I like to go for a walk on my own.

8. briguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am going sort of going through the same thing right now. I have gotten to be quite cranky whereas I am usually the complete opposite. Maybe it might be a good idea to sit down with an academic advisor to talk about your school, or maybe get a second job if money is tight. I found that if I talked about what is bothering me to my bf or mum it helped me alot. Also, if you are feeling stressed it may help to go for a long bike ride or a good walk, or try to distract yourself with something that you enjoy.

9. sdc91

Whenever I'm cranky, it's because I didn't get enough sleep. There are other areas of stress in my life, but that's pretty much the main factor. How much sleep are you getting?

10. fallendream

find something that relaxes you, this could be a long hot bath or a certain brand of biscuit but find it and then do it. though i suggest you use this to relaxe you only every so often so as not to lose the novelty of it.

11. Rob13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I am cranky... I sometimes work out and get all those happy hormones released. or if you have a boyfriend... sex? lol. That and just having a happy clean space for me to live in makes me feel better. Also having plans for my money and such helps because then it is not always on my mind.