1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flavoured Condoms?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by darkestknight, Mar 9, 2009.

1. darkestknight

Hey dudes,

I'm wondering, do they actually sell condoms for oral-sex?

What if I did that using ordinary condom? Must I wash out the lubricant outside before that? I dunno, but swallowing these condom lubes kinda hazadrous.. :lol:

2. notquitebutch

I'd think so, if not, the flavor option would be a little pointless :slight_smile:

I'm not too sure about the regular ones, though, so hopefully someone else can help with that ahah.

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

You could just buy the flavored lubes if you dont want flav'd condoms. Omg, I tried this strawberry stuff once and I swear to god, it was like eating the real thing. I actually was tasting the stuff from the bottle. I'm sure it's not good for my diet...

4. metkigro

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you use flavored lubes make sure you buy the sugar free, the sugared ones can give you an infection! ha ha I love flavored lube. My friend Haley got me it for a gag gift ha ha but it tastes so good!

5. KaraBulut

The flavored condoms don't taste that great. Latex has an unpleasant taste and the flavoring on the condoms doesn't do enough to hide it.

The flavored lubes are much better at hiding the latex taste. You can often find them in sampler packs that allow you to try different flavors. In the US, Wet makes a nice line of flavored lubes. -comes in Popp'n Cherry, Passion Fruit Pizzazz, Seductive Strawberry, Tropical Fruit Explosion, Watermelon Blast.

6. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Omg. Those all sound like expensive smoothies. Omfg. I want to go to Jamba Juice or Orange Julius now.

7. darkestknight

So could I use an ordinary condom, and then apply those flavoured lubes? Will the ordinary condom's lube (many of them are coated with some lube) hazardrous to the health? :icon_redf

8. jangel

Ok I have done a lot of sexual education for teens in the past and I just wanted to add my two cents. Yes they have flavored condoms for oral sex (for men) and Dental Dams for woman. However flavored condoms are ONLY for oral sex they can cause infections and they are not made to stand up to the friction of penetration so they are not safe in that way!. Regular condoms can be used for either but some of the spermicides can taste really bad or have a numbing effect on your mouth. If you want you can buy ones that are not treated with spermacides (but this makes it less effective in preventing pregnancy) Always use one condom for one purpose. If you use it for oral than use a new one for other things. Best advice is to use a flavored for oral but a regular type for actual penetration in order to be safe. They do sell flavored lubes but be careful because anything containing petroleum jelly will break the condom. Try putting vaseline on a condom...rub it for a minute and you will see it eats away the condom and it will get thin and break !!! So Check ingredients before you use! Hope this helps and Message me if you need more info. -jen

9. KaraBulut

The brand that I recommended is a water-based lube that has a flavoring agent. The sweetener used in them is the same sweetener used in many sugar-free candies. Just make sure it is a water based lube and not a flavored massage oil (oils are not condom-safe).

These flavored lubes are safe for oral use. As long as you don't consume a very large amount, it will not hurt you. In large doses, the sweetener can upset your stomach (which is also true of candies that have this same sweetener).

10. Poring

ooh, flavors lol.

I remember my friend one time, when we were having this sex ed talk with a few other classes, he asked during open forum section, what was the purpose of flavored condoms.

Everyone in the room laughed, and the speaker(s), just smiled and said "well, toothpastes have flavors too" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. KaraBulut

Good answer. :grin: