1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackheads!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ricoca, Mar 12, 2009.

1. ricoca

I'm having such a big problem with them, especially on my nose and cheek/chin area!
    Urgh, anything I can do to lessen it?

I wash my face 1-2 times a day at least and moisturize it after washing my face. Any idea why it's such a problem for me?

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes I get that same problem. It's very annoying. If you find some solution, let me know. :slight_smile:

3. limfjord96

get the face strips from peore (sp?) they work, or they make a black head remover i have seen.

4. ricoca

doesn't work for me Dan. I mean, I would even try to leave it on overnight to see if the "glue" will stick better and will do a better job but it doesn't work!
    I have to resort to squeezing them which leads to my nose becoming humongous and red!

Any other suggestions?

5. waitingsucks

Maybe don't moisturise straight after washing, that really f--- my skin up.
    Have you tried acne treatment, there's one called Benzac AC which I pretty good on normal pimples, I dono about blackhead though. Ask your pharmascist to reccomend something, that would probably be best (if you want to try Benzac ask for them to explain it to you first though)

6. Alannah26

I'm the expert on this sort of stuff since Ive suffering from acne for like 9 years. lol
    Best treatment for blackheads: the blackhead remover- its like squeezing it but it makes your nose less red/swollen.
    Best treatment to prevent blackheads: dailing exfoliation of the skin- remove dead skin cells.
    Best treatment to prevent acne: antibiotics which you can get from your dermatologist, or for less severe cases: adapalene gel/tretinoin cream. Other softer stuff: tea tree oil (from the Body shop), salicylacid, benzoeacid.
    Hopes this helped. =)

7. -Michael-

I use a simple teatree face wash everyday when i shower.

It has little tiny beads in to scrub your pores.
    A clean and soft face. :slight_smile:

8. jangel

Proactive is a little expensive like 20.00 a bottle but it is amazing. I had a client who had the big white heads all over his face (I mean all over) and he started using this religiously and now he looks like a new kid!!! I tried it too on just the little acne I have and it works great. Dove also makes a shower battery opperated face scrubber, you buy pads for, one side is coarse and the other smooth treated with the soap. It swirls around and cleans very well. Makes your skins SOOOO soft!! I use that first to clean then proactive.

9. ricoca

I tried Proactiv 2 times already, once a few years back and just recently.
    proactiv gets my skin REALLY dry up to the point that the moisturizer doesn't work anymore and my skin looks flaky. So I stopped using it and my skin is back to normal.

I'm gonna go try finding the tea tree oil face wash. And what's the blackhead remover? The pore strip thingy? If it is, it doesn't work for me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Right now, all I have is squeezing lol

10. KaraBulut

If your problem is just blackheads and not zits, you may have to try different things untli you find what works for your skin type.

The three things that you can experiment with are cleansing, exfoliating and extraction.

1. Cleansers- there are several types of astringent cleansers that help remove the oil build up from the pores. Avoid bar and shower soaps on your face as this tends to aggravate the problem. Cetaphil makes a very gentle wash. Biore also makes a shower wash that is designed specifically for blackheads. An affordable, low tech astringent that can be used at bedtime and in the morning is witch hazel or Sea Breeze makes a salicylic acid cleanser that is both an astringent and an exfoliant.
    2. Exfoliation- you can try over the counter products that contain one of three ingredients- benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid or alpha or beta hydroxy acids (AHA/BHA). These are good for removing dead skin that can block pores. Benzoyl peroxide also kills bacteria in the pores that can cause pimples but it can also cause the skin to get dry and flaky and it also tends to bleach clothing. Salicylic acid and AHA/BHA are less likely to dry the skin and they tend to cause peeling without the flakiness.
    3. Extraction- is something you want to be very gentle with. If you can afford it, have a salon or a dermatologist show you how to do it.

You may have to try different things alone or in combination before you find the thing that works best for you.

11. Gumtree

I'm really starting to think we need a sticky thread here all about Skin care!

I mean, acne problems are a REALLY common thread subject here and a lot of people are asking really similar questions with only slight differences in circumstance.

I suggest a sticky thread with a whole lot of compiled info on skin care and tips for all different types of skin and situation, the main evidently being acne treatment and/or prevention.

12. Eleanor Rigby

Washing your face two times a day is a good thing, but make sure you doing it with and appropriate product (see what Karabulut said on that topic).
    To extract them : boil some water, place it in a bowl and put your face arout 15 cm up to this bowl underneath a towel. The steam will open your pores. Then, dry gently your face with the towel, take a clean tissu a GENTLY press your nose between your thumbs or your forefingers. Do not use your nails ! Then, use an astringent lotion to close your pores before moisturise.
    Don't try to extract everything in the same time. You can do it once or twice a week, preferably the evening because your face can be a bit red after this.

13. Alannah26

Blackhead remover is this metal rod with a loop at the end. You place the black head in the center of the hole and then press down. The contents will then come out with out you having to squeeze which damages surrounding tissue. I think you can get them anywhere at drugstores.

14. pokeypanda

I use just a basic face wash with like exfoliating beads in it and it really helps!

15. Just Adam

only solution i ever found to work was painfull scratch the area till its sore and fleshy and squeeze hurts liek hell but worth it to get rid of the dam things nose hurts the worst espeicially near the bridge :frowning2:

16. sdc91

Don't squeeze them. My dermatologist told me that when you squeeze acne or blackheads, half of it comes out and the other half is pushed even deeper into the skin. I'd try different products to treat blackheads.

Proactiv didn't work at all for me, either (for acne or blackheads). There's some Clinique stuff that's $15 for a tiny bottle (but it lasts forever) and it's worked pretty well for spot treatments for me. I think you can get it at department stores.

It looks like this (I'm not sure if this is the exact product, but it's what the bottle looks like):
    [​IMG]

17. myra

for blackheads, i go straight to a bobby pin. i know it sounds horrible and it is rather painful but it works. You take the round end of the bobby pin and center the black head. then you push down slightly and pull it down over the blackhead. that pushes out all the dirt and puss and nastyness. ppl will probably say that's horrible for you skin. but it works. and its only red for an hour. and it only hurts a minute or two.

18. Jacobs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would purchase a drying Mask and use it daily to every second day, A like called Mario Badescu works wonders for a lot of people. There Drying lotion is just fabulous.

19. Just Adam

i had face scrubber that stuff was like sandpaper for your face it hurt and stung like shit made face all red and puffy grrr buying stuff is a pain just scratch and blled and dig it out really the most effective way or you just cleaning the top layer of it the dirst is still in the pour :slight_smile: