1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stress

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by waitingsucks, Mar 13, 2009.

1. waitingsucks

I guess I've always been a little stressed-out in tests/exams but this year it's gotten worse.

I've been overcome by a feeling like all my muscles have fronzen, like Ie can't breath and my thoughts are a mess. I feel hot in an opressive way even when it's 17 degrees C
    I have been studying enough for tests and know all the answers but still answer them wrong, I don't read the question properly (even when underlining key works etc.) and generally lose marks for the easy questions which I think is an indicator that there's something wrong with the stress.anxiety I'm having. This has been affecting my results by a whole mark at the least... sometimes more.

I also get anxious at home when I have a lot of homework, even when I work all week non-stop like 99% of the time I'm home, the homework never gets done. And I'm not a bad student so I don't know why I'm struggling so much, just to simply relax and concentrate properly.

Anyone can recommend some things to reduce stress at home and in test/exams also? It's just feeling like there's the biggest weight of pressure on my shoulders. I have no clue why. It's always been a bit of a factor (for the last few years) but now it's affecting my VCE (like final year score you use to get into University).

Can you help me out?

2. Alannah26

Stress: I just suggest camomile tea (did I spell that correctly?) It's really disgusting but it helps you calm down.
    Maybe something stronger: beta blockers... yeah for exam stress, normally it's for heart patients with high blood pressure. It basically calms your heart pace down.
    And very important: sleep!!

3. waitingsucks

yeah even when I sleep and have camomile tea I get stressed. They both help a little bit though

Edit: Even when I sleep for 12 hours I still get stressed and sometimes I take way too long to get to sleep because of stress/anxiety. Also I have a lot of acne problems which I think might be a result of stress.

#3 waitingsucks, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  4. Eleanor Rigby

If you stress so much before your exams that you might failed just because of it, I suggest you to talk about it to your doctor. He/she can give you a treatment to start few days or weeks before exams to help you not loosing your self-control on the D-day.
    I used to be a stress-freak myself and was on treatment before any big exams I've ever had.
    Take care, Eleanor

5. waitingsucks

I haven't failed any tests/exams I just get stressed and answer questions wrong because I misread them, resulting in a lower but not terrible mark. I know I can do better by at least a mark though on nearly every test.