1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concerned about weight & relationship

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Glittermunster, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Glittermunster

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This might be a no-brainer issue, but I'm concerned about my girlfriend saying "You look perfectly fine right now of course, but I know you'll be so much sexier when you lose weight." I want to use this as a boost to encourage me to be healthier, but losing weight is not easy for me. It's like a math problem that has so many factors and I am leaning more toward unhealthy solutions.. more than I'd like to admit. I have a sibling who has already jumped into that side of the spectrum and I don't even know if I could mentally handle doing the same. It's just been depressing me a lot and I have been going outside less both socially and physically because I've been ashamed of being seen even by strangers outside.

... any advice?

2. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Knowing how to lose weight is the easy part, its the actual doing it part that is hard.

Losing weight boils down to how many calories you eat VS how many calories you burn in a day. You need to burn more calories in a day than you take in. For example you could eat the same amount you do right now; if you do enough physical movement to burn more than you eat.

You can exercise at home, which is what I try to do. Because I hate going to the gym and don't have enough time to go to a gym anyways. Take the stairs a little more often, or park a little further away from the store or work. Skip the candy bar and have an apple. Lots of little things will help, you just have to get them to be the habit instead of the other. The more you do it, the easier it gets.

3. TraceElement

I don't know if she is intentionally trying to make you feel bad or worried about your weight, but when she makes that comment it really seems to hurt you. talk to her and let her know how you feel. communication is key. have you ever thought about visiting a therapist? they could help you get back on track.

4. Glittermunster

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

5. Lalayajen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am currently losing weight at good pace actually.
    I was 158.9 KG and now I am 144.5, I am doing this under the supervision of a doctor.

But the thing that really helps me through it is doing with my brother. We support each other.

I guess having a weight loss buddy helps a lot.