1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does skin tone matters?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by jayanthi, Sep 15, 2016.

1. jayanthi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Dating pool is my country is relatively non existent if i want to date a girl. I am kinda of worried whether i have chance with women if i immigrate into other country.(like canada or newzland) . So i got this question for international women , do u mind dating someone with darker skin tone ?

2. bisexualfiasco

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unless someone is racist (which sadly, racism does still exist) then I don't see any reason at all why your skin tone would matter. I personally have dual nationality (I am both Spanish and American, currently living in the United States) and know people from both the U.S. and Spain who would most likely gladly date you! I would just say go for it! I'd like to think most people are not racist, and on the off chance they are, screw 'em!

Also p.s. I believe in you! You will find love if you are looking for it, I am sure. Best of luck!

3. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most people I know would not care. If someone doesn't want to date you because of your skin color, you probably wouldn't want to date that person anyway.

4. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ^^ Yep. If somebody's going to be a racist dick and not date you because you have darker skin, then they're not worth your time at all.

Since you asked us about dating people with darker skin, then I'd be all for it! I mean, I'm extremely pale myself so pretty much everyone has darker skin than I do, but I actually find darker complexions to be really, really pretty.

5. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As long as you're cute/attractive, I don't mind at all. There are people of all races who are attractive and white people who are not.

6. Iloveyoubabe

Iloveyoubabe Guest

Skin tone doesn't matter to me. There are beautiful people in every race and nationality.

7. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some people have their own preferences when it comes to skin color. You're going to have to deal with this.

Personally, I don't really have strong preferences. I regularly get attracted to people of all races and skin colors, if you're both interested in each other then skin tone or race becomes even less important.

8. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not to me it doesn't, or at least not enough to be a deal breaker. Not that I don't have preferences, but they don't seem to be very strong, and I've been attracted to folk all across the spectrum.

9. Hushhh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It has something to do with preference I guess, like what a person's type is. Of course racism exist, but for many people physical appearance has a major effect on the level of attraction, but I'd like to think the majority still fall inlove with beautiful souls rather than just beautiful faces. :slight_smile:

10. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Skin tone doesn't matter to me because a few of my partners have been different skin color than mine and they were long term relationships. All of my best friends are various skin colors and we have been friends for over 16 years. However, I do remember when I was bartending at this gay club and the club featured predominately white guys. There were this one incident that I will speak of where this one guy had been a frequent customer and he always visited with a group of friends. This one night...the guy approached me and asked me out on a date since he and I have chatting from time to time. I thought no harm done and said yes. From that date...we started seeing each other on a daily basis. However, it came to where the guy revealed to me how much he loved spending time with me and that he was developing feelings for me and told his friends that he had been dating me for awhile. His friends attacked him for dating me due to my skin tone which was not accepted. From the tension that he was receiving from his friends...he decided that it would be best if we did not date anymore.

Before he ended whatever was going on between us...he asked me have I dated or been committed to someone with a different skin color. I pulled out my wallet and showed him a picture of my last boyfriend at that time whom by the way was Italian. The look on his face was priceless especially after he found out how long we had been together. Unfortunately, he allowed the pressure he was receiving from his friends to stop him from seeing me which to me was okay because it was best that I found out at that time because from his actions I knew he was someone that I did not want to pursue anything with especially when it comes to skin color and his friends deciding who he should see and who he shouldn't. To say the least..that was my first time experiencing that especially within the gay community of all places.

11. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do have a preference, but my dating pool will be so small when I'm ready to get back in the game(after I've been on hormones a while and start to pass) that I won't be too picky. Date a trans girl, we can't afford to be picky. :lol:

12. Ashanti

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi,

No darker skin tine does not matter to me it's not your skin that matters it's the person under the skin..
    I'm From Auckland New Zealand and if you want to live here Auckland is the place to be the most multicultural environment and safe.

Good luck!

13. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Like everybody said, if skin tone matters, you don't want to be with that person anyway.

More practically, if you are in a big city, there are lots of colors all around, and people are used to it. If you are away from the city, people are more used to one kind of skin, and they might just feel uncomfortable with something different. Too bad people are this way, but they are.

14. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Funny how people are screaming racist. I think for most it's just a type like hair color. Though I generelly prefer prople with a brighter skin, darker skin can be very beautiful too.
    Especially like girls from Italy...how can a nation have such wonderful women?