1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Girl' problems(girls only please! or doc's-real!)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, Jun 25, 2007.

1. xxAngelOnFirexx

I know i'm probably over-reacting but my last few periods have been late. like around a whole week late. i'm 15 now and got my first period at 11. i looked it up and asked my mom and everything seems fine. I just have this bad feeling though. my period is a week late as of today. i'm never skipped before. there is no chance of being pregnant as i'm a lesbian and virgin. i have a family history of endometriosis and both all female relatives on my mom's side (3) have had their reproductive organs removed along with some blood relatives on my dad's side. i know the symtoms are heavy bleeding (which mine is normal) and a lot of pain(mines not bad excpet a little durng ovulation, although until about a year ago i had such bad cramps even with meds i was in tears). my sis says i should be glad that i haven't had it this month but i have been avioding swimming cause i'm afraid it will start (i know it won't start in water but still...). i dunno what's the problem if their is one, but i trust my instints on knowing when theirs a problem. any ideas/suggestions/comments, girls? :help:

2. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

There is a bit of a problem happening but exactly what it is may prove to be a bit difficult to diagnose without lab work and complete examination. Your history with the females on both sides of the family doesn't bode well for you, but is not a prediction of it happening to you specifically.

The delay of your period is most likely related to your hormone levels and this can be influenced by such things as endometriosis, ovarian cysts and changes in levels of central hormones (pituitary gland) such as FSH and Growth Hormone. Without knowing from lab work, it is difficult to say.

The exam would also reveal at what stage you may be in your cycle (again hormone driven) as there are changes seen in the crevix and vaginal lining at those various stages. It is best to compare the lab work with what is seen on exam.

Sorry if this doesn't totally answer your need, but it really needs to be evaluated by someone who specializes in the field and it is nearly impossible to make a diagnosis on what information has been provided. More information and history is needed also, like how the periods compare, heavy, scant, pain with or not, associated symptoms, bloating, etc.

I would strongly suggest that with what your family history gives and what you have said so far, you seek out professional help and don't delay as it could become more difficult to treat or manage.

JayHew

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

JayHew is our resident doc, so you should take his advice seriously.

4. xxAngelOnFirexx

Alright thanks! I talked to my therapist and she said it's probably the new meds i just started on or just stress, but she suggested i talk to my phychiatrist so i definaetly will. Thanks for you advice Jayhew!