1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkward but important question please reply

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Random Ross 1, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Okey I am an ftm. I shaved..down there a while ago and I got the worst razor burn imaginable. But it's pretty much fine now. Except for one thing. I still have one ingrown hair and it looks infected. I'm paranoid that the infection's gonna spread and I'm gonna like...die. And I know that's stupid af but welcome to the life of an OCD sufferer. But I really am starting to get kind of paranoid about it. But I really don't want to tell my mom cuz I have really terrible unimaginable dysphoria whenever I have to talk to my mom about my junk. It's so much dysphoria that one time I almost fell over when I had to talk about puberty shit with my mom. I'm not going to go through that shit again. Advice?

2. iiimee

You don't have HIV or anything, if that's what your worried about. The only way you'd get HIV or any disease from that is if someone else was using that blade and had HIV. :/ Don't worry- I have paranoia sometimes too, but yeah... Don't worry. Take deep breaths, go on walks, stay hydrated, read, meditate, listen to music, and clear your mind...

3. perpetuality

I'm pretty sure in most countries you don't have to get consent to go see a doctor if you're over fifteen/sixteen? (I dunno, that's how it is here). So if you get super worried just head out to a doctor and make them promise confidentiality.

4. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a simple ingrown hair. You'll be okay.

5. Bouldghirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ingrowing hairs are NOT simple. However it does need to be dealt with. As far as your doctor is concerned it is something that (usually) can be dealt with easily. Your doctor doesn't need to know more than you have an ingrowing hair that needs dealt with.

6. blackwolf62782

Out Status:
    Some people
    Keep an eye on it. If it gets really red and pussy and starts to turn into a sore, you need to see a doctor. Otherwise, use peroxide to wash the area and put some neosporin on it if you have some. You may need to pop it and get the hair out. That will usually help it heal faster. Ive had ingrown pubic hairs before, they are not fun. Popping them is even more not fun. But you need to get the hair out or it will continue to cause irritation. But like I said before, peroxide and neosporin. And keep an eye on it.