1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploring sex

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by self feminized, Sep 18, 2016.

1. self feminized

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Anyone know any good ways to start with anal play? Never really tried. But I'm very curious and always read good things about it on blogs and whatnot. I'm kinda afraid because of the cleaning process. Don't really know how to properly prepare. Also, any good inexpensive toys anyone knows of? Lube suggestions (astroglide?)? Thanks from an experimenting crossdresser!

2. killswitch0029

Start with the fingers and then move on to toys. It's best if you explore and get to know your body before you start sticking any foreign materials up inside of you.

#2 killswitch0029, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  3. KaySee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know that this may be embarrassing for those who ask it or read about it. I'm not typically embarrassed by these things and don't have much of a problem discussing this. Here is my advice and experience.

My experience
    If you go to a store for toys, I would suggest talking to one of the employees. When I first found a store with things for sex, I had to go all the way to the back. One of the employees noticed me and spoke to me about what I would need. He didn't help me choose anything, but he made sure that I had what needed to go with my choice: batteries, lubricant, and cleaning spray. I took my time, I had enough of it.

In my experience, selection of toys will depend on where you live and the source of the toys (store, site, etc). Minimum cost per toy seems to be $10, or a little under depending.

Uses, safety, and comfort
    If you want something for internal use, then check the packaging. If you can't tell from that, then asking someone (online at a forum or an employee) is the way to go. You can't be too careful with your sexual health. External toys don't require as much scrutiny, but make sure whatever you get isn't made of too many materials that you can't identify.

Make sure whatever toy you get for whatever purpose will fit before hand. I doubt you'll be able to return a toy. Make sure that you are comfortable with the toy, you don't have to be adventurous immediately. Know the uses and any features of whatever toy you get. Take as much time you want.

Some toys are designed for a specific body/sex. Some just with a specific body/sex in mind. You'll probably be able to tell just by looking or from reading the packaging.

Cleaning
    The cleaning process will depend on the toy itself. The sign of minimal quality toy will be the instructions on the packages. It should at least say what not to use on it. If the toy shouldn't be exposed to soap, then it should say on the package (or summary if you try online). MAKE SURE YOU KNOW. Some, definitely rubber and jelly, may come with the cleaning supplies (I've usually seen sprays). If you get a spray, then you would spray the entire thing and leave it out overnight or at least for a few hours. Others may require soap and water or just water. ALWAYS CLEAN AFTER USE.

Lubricant
    If you use lube, make sure it is water soluble. Oil- and petroleum-based products or regular lotions are NOT great to use. Those lubricants and other things can break down the toys or even condoms when used. If you are using lubricant internally, then make sure that when you use lubricant that it is okay for internal use. I have found the KY Liquid brand to be good.

Lubricant and sometimes even sex toys can be found in the health/hygiene section of a common retail store, usually near the feminine hygiene products. Targets and Walmarts are common stores that I have been to that usually have the KY and other lube brands.

Lube is good to use. Vaginal or anal tears, minor or otherwise, have a much greater chance of happening without lube.

----
    Ultimately what you get will depend on your preferences and choices, but just make sure to keep these things in mind.