1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Labtop in lap: safe or not?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, Jun 25, 2007.

1. xxAngelOnFirexx

Recently since i've cleaned out my room i like to sit with my labtop on my lap instead of my desk. sometimes it rests on my ribs, legs or, stomach. i heard that it could cause fertility or is unsafe (cause of heat build-up underneath). Is it unsafe? or is it okay? should i rest it on something else? :help:

2. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The user's manual of my Gateway MX6448 laptop says that it isn't - but not because of possible health problems. See, if you rest the laptop on something soft the vents underneath are blocked, so it overheats (therefore it gets really hot)

I have found a way to use mine on my lap without it overheating - see where are your laptop's vents and try not to block them when you rest it on your lap. Mine works fine of my lap if the vents aren't blocked.

3. Kimi

I don't really know if it's safe or not but I try to know put my laptop on my body because my laptop gets really hot and I don't want to get burn.
    But I suppose it's ok to put your laptop on your lap...I mean if it's not, why its called laptop?

4. 24601

Just make sure it doesn't overheat and you should be fine. I can't imagine it having any health risks - it'd be the computer I'd be concerned about.

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I use a lap-tray, which has a flat top and a cushion thing on the bottom, for my laptop. It allows proper ventilation of the laptop, keeps the warm bits away from my legs, is more comfortable and also raises the laptop to a better height. We bought a couple on eBay, but shops that sell kitchen items would probably have them.

6. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So do I!

However, mine is like 20 years old so... no cushion thing on the bottom...

7. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

I heard the heat makes you infertile

that's why i always have a pillow between may lap and laptop 'coz it feels comfy lol

plus if u hav ur laptop on ur lap it would hurt if u get random boners haha ouch

8. 24601

I don't think Angel has to worry about getting a random boner :lol:

9. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

You do mean infertility right?

My opinion is better be safe than sorry. Only put it on your lap occasionally, i personally wouldnt risk it, even if it is totally safe.