1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suddenly gained five pounds?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Kodo, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I haven't weighed in like three weeks. I have been working out pretty consistently and eating a moderate amount of food. And I've gained five pounds? I'm kinda starting to panic because I feel suddenly like I've gotten fat. Though of course I'm trying to gain muscle by weightlifting, but the actual weight gain is bothering me. I'm now 130 lb and 5'5" tall, of course AFAB and not on hormones yet.

Is it normal to gain weight like this? I don't feel like I've been eating that much, maybe a little much on the sugar side, but other than that I maintain a healthy diet. Gagh, I just feel sort of pissed about this and I don't know what to think or if I should try to lose weight now.

2. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The added weight could be muscle mass? I don't really know much about this kind of stuff. No offense, but don't you think you're freaking out a bit too much over 5 pounds? I'm sure you like fine my dude!

3. PrettyinPunk

Be very careful friend, on obsessing over weight gains and losses. I understand you want to get fit and increase muscle mass but getting angry at yourself for a slight gain will not help you out.

Its very possible the 5 pound increase is from muscle weight. Even without the hormones if you've been working out consistently you could've got those gains. Can't say if it's "normal" it really depends a lot on your body type and how your body responds to the training/exercise.

Also a few tips, even if your eating clean if your restricting your calories too much your body will hold onto fat instead of burning it. If your too stressed and have poor sleep habits that can also negatively effect weight loss. At the end of the day forget about the 5+ or - and focus on getting stronger and building those mad guns!

4. I AM MEOW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gaining a few pounds like that is fairly normal. You only need to look out if you gain a significant amount of weight and/or you notice other odd symptoms.

#4 I AM MEOW, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  5. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Look in the mirror and flex your muscles. You will notice more. And also there is water in your muscles which adds more weight. 1 pound can also come from daily variations in weight. Don't worry!

6. HoneyBeee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A bit of advice I could give you is that you should make sure you weigh yourself in the morning, make sure you pass your bowels either the night before or in the morning before you weigh yourself, as it can contribute to you thinking you've put on weight. Also make sure to drink plenty of water! If you don't drink enough water your body begins to think it's dehydrated and starts to store water weight, personally I try to drink 2 liters of water every day but if that's too much you can mix in some (non-sugary) juice.

Other than that, just try not to obsess over your weight, as long as you're fit and healthy, exercise regularly and eat well, you're perfect! Good luck xx

7. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is true. Also, if you think you've gained more fat than muscle, you might consider cutting down on sugar intake and calories a little. 5 pounds in three weeks when you're gaining weight is a healthy rate to do it at, and it's very dependent on water weight like HoneyBeee said. Don't worry about it.

8. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for all the responses. Yeah, I tend to stress out about this too much.

I shall continue training and trying to stay hydrated.