1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boyfriend just dropped bombshell on me!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by BiGuy78, Oct 4, 2016.

1. BiGuy78

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My bf whom I have been seeing for a few months off and on, just found out recently that he has Hep C. I did some research and there is a very slim chance of transmitting it sexually. It seems it mostly is spread from blood to blood contact. So i may not have it but I'm going to get tested regardless for my own peace of mind. But what sux is he has to live with it now and get treated for it and we will just have to use protection from now on and like if he gets cut I will have to be careful not not expose myself to his blood. Kind of makes me feel paranoid about being around him now but I think we will be ok. Doesn't make me love him any less. I have a confession. Before we hooked up, I had unprotected sex with two other guys (at different times) and I haven't been tested for STD's in a long time. But the guys I was with supposedly get tested regularly. I have never had anything in my life. I have been very lucky cuz I have been with so many women and men without protection in the past and yet I'm still disease free. But this Hep C scare is enough to make me change my ways, and also I feel guilty about not using protection. See I'm bipolar and I go through manic phases where I make bad decisions, am hypersexual, and promiscuous. Especially when I get drunk out of my mind too. But I'm on different meds now and I seem to be a lot more stable than ever before and I have been faithful to the same guy for a few months now and to be honest I'm completely content and happy with him and I don't desire to be with anyone else. So anyways I have lab work coming up soon to get tested for both Hep C and STD's. I'm pretty sure I don't have any STD's but it doesn't hurt to get checked. Just hope I don't have Hep C. It is a liver disease and can kill you if not treated. Lesson learned. I won't be stupid and wreckless again.

#1 BiGuy78, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  2. blackwolf62782

Out Status:
    Some people
    I would defiantly get checked. Being hyper-sexual, I don't mean to be crude, but it can cause one to have a lot of rough sex. Does that happen to you? Especially in a manic phase? I ask because, even though you may not realize it, rough sex can cause there to be bleeding, even if it's something so small that you don't notice it at all. If you are having unprotected sex, having rough sex will increase your chances of contracting something like Hep-C. So please do get tested. Use condoms until you do. Maybe even after you do, if you come up positive. You would need to talk to your doctor about that. Hope you the best.

3. bhuey12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    ok hep c isn't a death sentence Have him get the viral count. he may only test positive due to antibody's because he came in contact with someone who had it. I've tested positive for years(15). but my viral count is very low. I've never been treated for it and have no issues because of it. I just test positive. Also the last time I saw my doctor he was telling there is a new treatment out now that some are saying can cure it. Read $$$$ though.

4. BiGuy78

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok thanks for the advice!

---------- Post added 5th Oct 2016 at 03:21 AM ----------

Actually we don't have rough sex. I'm very gentle. And i have never encountered any blood when doing anal. There's a slim chance that Hep C can be transmitted sexually from what I have read. But I'm going to get tested regardless. Thanks for your input and advice!

5. bhuey12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    good plan to be tested. in regards to hep c. some people get very sick(liver damage) some don't. it's a crap shoot.