1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Public service announcement for those who struggle with weight

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Kasey, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to be about 195 lbs. I know I'm a big girl, but since cutting out eating one processed food ingredient alone I've dropped over 15 lbs with minimal changes to my diet or exercise.

First of all many of you know me, I'm not a spokesperson at all and I know how people hate fad diets and junk but let an organic biochemist and more importantly, a science teacher, explain for you all.

BHT or butylated hydroxytoluene, a chemical relative to various paint products and organic cleaners and trinitrotoluene (dynamite) is put in preserved foods that contain fats to prevent premature spoiling. Here's the problem, how it prevents spoiling is by its antioxidant properties towards lipids. Translation : it literally prevents you from burning fats. If you at all know how cellular respiration works, then you know what biological oxidation of nutrients does. BHT prevents that.

You are literally eating fat protection molecules.

That is all I'm saying.

I don't know about weight lifting or any of that other stuff, just as a person who cares for all of my other rainbow people, try that small change to your diet. Read the ingredients. Do not buy anything that says it contains BHT.

Seriously. I'm not even going to talk about conflicting studies on its carcinogenic properties, just know it's literally a fat burning preventative additive.

#1 Kasey, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016